Configuration Help

Dmaykmay

Configuration Help

Post by Dmaykmay »

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded the trial version of Wild Media Server. I set it up so that I could test whether I could successfully stream tv content from my pc to my new Sony Bravia TV. The primary usage for this configuration was to be able to watch current season episodes that are provided on the various network tv sites.

The configuration that I used was as follows:

* Set up VLC to stream content displayed on my computer monitor to my local network (Stream to HTTP).
* Use WMS to read the HTTP stream / transcode it and wirelessly send it to my tv utilizing DLNA and a wireless router.
* Select a program that I want to watch using my web client and they play it to my monitor full screen.
* Watch the program on my TV.

Computer Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200
Sony Bravia Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

With a bit of effort, I was able to get this setup working and so I decided to purchase and activate a license. When I play streams, though, the resulting image only fills about 3/4 of the TV screen. I would like to get some help configuring the above methodology to get the best streaming results to my TV.

Since I am new to WMS I have a few configuration questions:

1) I'm using the DirectShwo MediaLooks Screen Capture codec to capture what is presented on my computer monitor. It is currently set to output a 1024x768 image at 25 hz. I would assume that I should set the frame rate to 29.97hz but should I set the codec output image size to 1920x1200 (PC Screen size) or to 1920x1080 (TV screen size)?

2) Which Transcoding profile would you suggest that I use for this configuration? Again, I would like to ease the transcoding load on my computer as much as is reasonable but would still like to have a full screen image that is displayed full screen on my pc screen to also be displayed full screen on my TV.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave
Hotmaildude

Re: Configuration Help

Post by Hotmaildude »

Hi Dave,

Would you be so kind to write a "how-to"-guide for streaming the desktop image to your TV! I have been playing around with this for a while now, but have not yet found a stable solution. Thanks in advance :)
nescha

Re: Configuration Help

Post by nescha »