Sony bdp-s370 MKV files

noktue

Sony bdp-s370 MKV files

Post by noktue »

Hello,

Got a Sony bdp-s370 and need some help with MKV files. The files are playable, but the picture is disorted and green spots. Almost as its lagging, but is isn't. This occurs to say 50% of all MKV files.

The solution I found was to set transcoding profile to movies primary (1280x720) but doing this for all files and folders is something I would have hoped to avoid.

I've tried changing MKV transcoding profile to this profile, but the settings does not seem to actually work.

Anyone got some tips? Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching but couldn't find anything similar.
Eugene

Re: Sony bdp-s370 MKV files

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
noktue wrote: Got a Sony bdp-s370 and need some help with MKV files. The files are playable, but the picture is disorted and green spots. Almost as its lagging, but is isn't. This occurs to say 50% of all MKV files.

The solution I found was to set transcoding profile to movies primary (1280x720) but doing this for all files and folders is something I would have hoped to avoid.

I've tried changing MKV transcoding profile to this profile, but the settings does not seem to actually work.

Anyone got some tips? Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching but couldn't find anything similar.
Settings - "File types" - mkv - Edit - "Transcoding profile"

or (individual settings of device)

Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "File types" - mkv - Edit - "Transcoding profile"
noktue

Re: Sony bdp-s370 MKV files

Post by noktue »

Thanks! That seems to have done the trick, setting file type settings in device settings seems to have done the trick.

A little tip for future updates could be to tell that settings -> media resources -> file types, will be overridden by device file types.