Only one core used by wmsmpeg when transcoding

tuliolazarini

Re: Only one core used by wmsmpeg when transcoding

Post by tuliolazarini »

Eugene wrote: Hi,
Try use the transcoding profile "Movies - CoreAVC" (select a file - right click - Transcoding profile - "Movies - CoreAVC")
FFDShow codec maybe required
Hello Eugene, I bought and installed CoreAVC. It works great! I'm getting about 85-95% CPU usage, and 50fps average decoding speed!
:D Thank you very much!
However, I think image quality was richer before, using wmsmpeg. Is there a way to tell CoreAVC to use a better quality profile, reducing fps speed (to 30 or 35) but producing better video?
Eugene

Re: Only one core used by wmsmpeg when transcoding

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
tuliolazarini wrote:
Eugene wrote: Hi,
Try use the transcoding profile "Movies - CoreAVC" (select a file - right click - Transcoding profile - "Movies - CoreAVC")
FFDShow codec maybe required
Hello Eugene, I bought and installed CoreAVC. It works great! I'm getting about 85-95% CPU usage, and 50fps average decoding speed!
:D Thank you very much!
However, I think image quality was richer before, using wmsmpeg. Is there a way to tell CoreAVC to use a better quality profile, reducing fps speed (to 30 or 35) but producing better video?
CoreaVC used for decoding video only, coding with FFMPEG (wmsmpeg). You can increase the video bitrate in settings.
Note the parameter q in the test transcoding, the smaller is better. CoreAVC also has settings.