Sony Bravia 32EX705 problems with mkv

alfredo25r

Sony Bravia 32EX705 problems with mkv

Post by alfredo25r »

Hi, I'm new, I have a Sony Bravia 32EX705 TV, first i must say this software is great but I'm having problems with a 8GB mkv file, it is a 1080p movie, when I transcode it in the TV the movie and the sound freezes every 2 seconds, but if I pause the movie for a long time (15 minutes or more) and then play it the freezing disapears but it apears again after some minutes.

Also when playing the movie in my notebook it is in full screen but in the tv it has 2 black bars, one at the top and one at the bottom, if I change the aspect ratio to 4:3 in Settings --> Transcoder --> Frame size, the black bars look smaller but still can't see the movie in full screen, also I think that in 4:3 the movie looks a little distorsioned.

Also I can't see srt subtitles.

My notebook is a HP Pavilion DV9000, core 2 duo 1.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video, Windows Vista 32bits.

Please help me.

Thank you!
alfredo25r

Re: Sony Bravia 32EX705 problems with mkv

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:What transcoding profile are you using?
Hi, I'm using the profile Movies (primary).
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:Try using Movies - TsMuxer instead. This won't convert the mkv file to mpeg format, which is slowing down the process for you. My guess is that laptop can't transcode and stream the info fast enough.
I can't use Movies - TsMuxer because the TV shows nothing only audio and then the TV hangs and the only thing I can do is unplug the TV from the electricity.

Do you know how to play the movie in full screen?, also how can I use .srt subtitles.

Thanks a lot for your help.
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:Hmm. What device configuration are you using? Is it setup to play m2ts files?
I'm using Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080) is that what you are talking about? In Embedded file support it says: avi,m2t,m2ts,mpeg,mpg,ts,vob

is that correct?

Thank you!
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:Yup. So if you do a test-transcode using Movies-TsMuxer, does it produce a m2ts file?
I'm sorry, how can I do a test-transcode? and How do I know that it produces a mt2s file?, I'm lost.
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:Set the transcoding profile to Movies-TsMuxer, right click on the file in wMS and choose Test Transcoding. The will produce the file in the temporary directory you defined in the transcoding settings section.

Ok I have done that and it produces me a file called: Test_e3e2e7ba6a180d3ccab83b52311b3c6f.mpg

Is that ok?
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

dan.crouthamel wrote:I would have expected an m2ts file. Try moving the mpg to your library and streaming it to the TV - does it play OK?
The mpg plays OK, But now the video is smaller, it has the 2 black bars at the top and bottom and also it has 2 black bars, one at the left and one at the rigth. Also the video quality looks very poor compared with the mkv file.
alfredo25r

Post by alfredo25r »

I've solved the subtitles problem. In transcoder there is an options that says: "Use external subtitles module ssa, ass" It has to be checked. The freezing problem is not a big problem, is like a youtube video, If I let it load a little the movie plays ok.

My biggest problem is the aspect ratio. If the frame size is set to 4:3 the movie plays with two little black bars at the top and bottom but if the frame size is set to 16:9 this two bars get bigger. Is there any way to play the movie in full screen.

I've played the movie in my laptop with KMPlayer and it plays at full screen with full quality.
crztiano

Post by crztiano »

im still have problem with subtitles when i play movies in MKV. formate

just dont work. :roll:

i had checked ass. ssa., and nothing happens.

do you solve this problem? can you play MKV with subtitles?

tks a lot!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... p?f=3&t=27
Selecting the subtitle possible in the track list of movie file (right button mouse) or the navigation on the media device (Settings folder in Transcoding Movie folder). Subtitles are not connected, if the video track is passed the original (the original mode of video tracks, transcoding profiles "Movies-TsMuxer", "Movies-WMF").