Cancel podcast update

S@gittarius

Cancel podcast update

Post by S@gittarius »

Hi,
Sometimes podcasts tend to hang or take too long to update for reasons outside of WMS. During that time the program is not responding and one could do nothing but wait. It would be nice to have the option to cancel such an update. If this happens WMS could ask what to do. Possible actions could be to purge podcast’s content and leave it blank or just stop updating it.
Another useful option to discuss is the capability of maintenance program to online check for updates and offer possible version upgrades.

Regards
S@gittarius

Re: Cancel podcast update

Post by S@gittarius »

S@gittarius wrote:Hi,
Sometimes podcasts tend to hang or take too long to update for reasons outside of WMS. During that time the program is not responding and one could do nothing but wait. It would be nice to have the option to cancel such an update. If this happens WMS could ask what to do. Possible actions could be to purge podcast’s content and leave it blank or just stop updating it.
Another useful option to discuss is the capability of maintenance program to online check for updates and offer possible version upgrades.

Regards
Any update on the subject?

Regards.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: Sometimes podcasts tend to hang or take too long to update for reasons outside of WMS. During that time the program is not responding and one could do nothing but wait. It would be nice to have the option to cancel such an update. If this happens WMS could ask what to do. Possible actions could be to purge podcast’s content and leave it blank or just stop updating it.
Maybe in the next versions
S@gittarius wrote: Another useful option to discuss is the capability of maintenance program to online check for updates and offer possible version upgrades.
You are probably familiar with the phrase "I have everything working before the upgrade"
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

Eugene wrote:Hi,
S@gittarius wrote: Sometimes podcasts tend to hang or take too long to update for reasons outside of WMS. During that time the program is not responding and one could do nothing but wait. It would be nice to have the option to cancel such an update. If this happens WMS could ask what to do. Possible actions could be to purge podcast’s content and leave it blank or just stop updating it.
Maybe in the next versions
Nice to hear that! I'll be looking for it.
Eugene wrote:
S@gittarius wrote:Another useful option to discuss is the capability of maintenance program to online check for updates and offer possible version upgrades.
You are probably familiar with the phrase "I have everything working before the upgrade"
Yes, sure. That’s why I said to propose.
The risk for something to go wrong will always be there. One could choose to update measuring pros and cons of this step. For instance I have FFMPEG related problems after 1.07.x and later updates (http://wildmediaserver.com/forum/viewto ... 4443#p4443). But I found a workaround and went for it to use new features available. Nevertheless currently available update method is alright.

Regards.