Problem with viewing postcast from German ZDF Mediathek

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
fabian

Problem with viewing postcast from German ZDF Mediathek

Post by fabian »

Dear All,

based on an article in this forum, I developed a podcast tree for WMS covering some topics from the VOD service of ZDF (a public german TV channel). Now I'm running into the problem that

a) in some subtrees (e.g. Abenteuer Wissen) the podcasts are listed and actually player but often stop after 5 to 10min
b) in some subtrees (e.g. Abenteuer Forschung) the podcasts are listed but not played at all

The subtrees are "copy and pasted", differing only in the rss-feed-URL and the title.

Is there anybody who can give me some hints on how to identify the problem and how to adapt/change the wdf script?

Thanks in advance, Fabian
Eugene

Re: Problem with viewing postcast from German ZDF Mediathek

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
fabian wrote: based on an article in this forum, I developed a podcast tree for WMS covering some topics from the VOD service of ZDF (a public german TV channel). Now I'm running into the problem that

a) in some subtrees (e.g. Abenteuer Wissen) the podcasts are listed and actually player but often stop after 5 to 10min
b) in some subtrees (e.g. Abenteuer Forschung) the podcasts are listed but not played at all

The subtrees are "copy and pasted", differing only in the rss-feed-URL and the title.

Is there anybody who can give me some hints on how to identify the problem and how to adapt/change the wdf script?
Select the folder ZDF - right click - Edit title - "Scripts for the links to the resource" - Edit Script

Code: Select all

var
  sWebPage: string;
begin
  MediaResourceLink := '';
  sWebPage := WmsDownloadUrl(mpFilePath);     
  if not WmsRegExMatch('(rtsp://.*)', sWebPage, MediaResourceLink) then begin
     if WmsRegExMatch('Quicktime.*?DSL 2000.*?href="(.*?)"', sWebPage, MediaResourceLink, 1, 5) then     
       WmsRegExMatch('(rtsp://.*)', WmsDownloadUrl(MediaResourceLink), MediaResourceLink)       
  end
end.
maybe

Code: Select all

var
  sWebPage: string;
begin
  MediaResourceLink := '';
  sWebPage := WmsDownloadUrl(mpFilePath);     
  if not WmsRegExMatch('(rtsp://.*)', sWebPage, MediaResourceLink) then
    WmsRegExMatch('Quicktime.*?DSL 2000.*?href="(.*?)"', sWebPage, MediaResourceLink, 1, 5)
end.
Ok
"Transcoding profile" - "Internet-television"
Ok

Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - "Internet-television" - Edit -
"Terms of use" - delete mpInternetItem - Ok - Ok - Ok

P.S. VLC (http://www.videolan.org) required
fabian

Re: Problem with viewing postcast from German ZDF Mediathek

Post by fabian »

Hi Eugene,

thanks for the quick response! But something is wrong somewhere:

* VLC 1.1.7 is installed, the correct path is registed under settings

* Whenever I select an Internet-television transcoding profile for these podcasts, my SONY NX705 refuses to play a podcast, it shows the movie title, briefling a "Play" icon, then the "Pause" icon

* When I insert your scripts into the appropriate places, I get a ";" expected in the log window whenever I start to play a podcast (although the syntax checks in the edit windows return "OK")

My questions:

* How can I increase the log level to better see, where the script syntax error occures? I would like to provide more input in this thread but the logs are not showing script names and line numbers....

* How can I investigate why VLC is not transcoding correct to my Bravia? Is there any way to enable a logging for this?

Beside of this issues - great product! I tried a lot of media Servers and this one is - IMHO - far the best .

Best Regards, Fabian

PS: I'll be on vacation for a week, therefore I'll wont be able to follow the thread next week.