Movie playing time

Eugene

Re: Movie playing time

Post by Eugene »

maybury wrote:Do I ran the test transcode against the first VOB on the DVD?
Test transcoding on required part (set of vob) of the DVD, in the MEncoder parameters include part number.
maybury

Post by maybury »

Eugene,

Is there anyway that when you are transcoding the timing on the vob can be ignored? The reason I ask is that I have a large vob file and the timing is not correct on it. This seems to cause problems when transcoding as the output file is smaller than the original file and if played back the video may jump to a different part of the video and the audio will be totally out of sync or just stop.

Cheers.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

maybury wrote: Is there anyway that when you are transcoding the timing on the vob can be ignored? The reason I ask is that I have a large vob file and the timing is not correct on it. This seems to cause problems when transcoding as the output file is smaller than the original file and if played back the video may jump to a different part of the video and the audio will be totally out of sync or just stop.
DVD can be very confusing structure of the store, so not all the DVD can be applied consistently transcoding vob-files. In this case, helps to use mode "Creating folders DVD structure for DVD directories". The program creates a stream to transcode in the correct order of the elements of the DVD.
maybury

Post by maybury »

Eugene,

Are there any step by step instructions on how to transcode to a file direct from a DVD? I've tried just about every way with no success.

Cheers.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

maybury wrote: Are there any step by step instructions on how to transcode to a file direct from a DVD? I've tried just about every way with no success.
1. Select DVD-cell.
2. Start test transcoding
dvd5.JPG
dvd5.JPG (99.3 KiB) Viewed 3988 times