BD Ripped Streaming Support on Sony BDP-S770 / PS3

Eugene

Re: BD Ripped Streaming Support on Sony BDP-S770

Post by Eugene »

viperflyer wrote:WMS has been a savior since it is the only one with a great support for S770 of all the servers I have tried so far (TVersity, and FUPPES) and Windows DLNA which has its own limitations. Since, S770 can only support FAT32 drives, we only have an option of using capable media server such as WMS to stream large HD mkv and BD ISO files. However, I have had poor luck with streaming ISO files as it starts to stutter 15 seconds into the video. Any help in streaming this smoothly would be really appreciated.

I have also experienced on and off luck with streaming various other formats. At times I see that mkv and mt2s files would play and at the other times they wouldn't.
Try update to version 1.08rc1 (http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=3&t=792).
viperflyer wrote: Also, I have been using CoreAVC as the transcoding profile since TSMuxer hasn't been working for me. Because of this probably, I am also not able to see the subtitles. Any help here as well would be great.
You must select a subtitle track in the main form of the program by right click or in the folder Settings (navigate through the folder "Transcoding")
viperflyer wrote: I have WMS 1.07 (trial) installed on Win7 (64 bit) which is hard-wired to S770. If above two issues are resolved then I will most likely be buying licensed version of WMS and will be keeping S770 otherwise, would be looking for a better BD player or just a stand-alone HD media players.
In my experience, Sony players do not have enough capacity in the network mode of operation. HD content slows down even without transcoding. My advice - network HD media player.
Eugene

Re: BD Ripped Streaming Support on Sony BDP-S770

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
viperflyer wrote: When watching mkv files back-to-back (e.g. music videos), just 10 seconds before the end of the song, PS3 gives me network error 80710091 and 5 seconds later, the song goes into infinite loop playing last 5 seconds. Any suggestion you can offer to fix this? I have already tried reinstalling WMS removing setting files and have restored PS3 to no avail. This doesn't happen w/DivX music videos.
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "Files: Positioning (DLNA)" - turn on Chunked.

P.S. In my experience, PS3 is unstable in this mode, but maybe firmware updates solves this problem.
Eugene

Re: BD Ripped Streaming Support on Sony BDP-S770 / PS3

Post by Eugene »

viperflyer wrote:Could you please let me know what do you mean by stability issues? Do you mean, the connection drop outs - just wondering what should I be looking for?
Already do not remember exactly, to my mind were problems with Go To
viperflyer wrote: Edit-1:
AVI / DivX files are now showing up as unsupported. disabling chunk doesn't fix it. I haven't tried deleting the media database. any suggestion?
Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "Files: Positioning (DLNA)" - turn off "By time".