Genres through IFO structure doesn't work

Ploegske

Genres through IFO structure doesn't work

Post by Ploegske »

To keep things structured and workable on my Sony BDP-S370, I preferably add DVD movies by removing all VOB files and selecting files through VIDEO_TS.IFO > Titleset > Program Chain. I hide all structures for DVD extra's and menu's, to keep only the main movie. This is also the best way to select my preferred subtitles. In the desired program chain (which is the one with the main movie) I select all files and join them. After that I update the properties and load movie info through IMDB.
This way genres do no get updated, only through the main structure. I guess this also is the case for actors, directors etc, however I have those hidden.

Can you make your program work to update Genres etc when movie info was added in the program chain?

Thanks!
Eugene

Re: Genres through IFO structure doesn't work

Post by Eugene »

Ploegske wrote:To keep things structured and workable on my Sony BDP-S370, I preferably add DVD movies by removing all VOB files and selecting files through VIDEO_TS.IFO > Titleset > Program Chain. I hide all structures for DVD extra's and menu's, to keep only the main movie. This is also the best way to select my preferred subtitles. In the desired program chain (which is the one with the main movie) I select all files and join them. After that I update the properties and load movie info through IMDB.
This way genres do no get updated, only through the main structure. I guess this also is the case for actors, directors etc, however I have those hidden.

Can you make your program work to update Genres etc when movie info was added in the program chain?
Perhaps in future versions of information will be unified