Sony KDL-40HX800

Aurochs

Sony KDL-40HX800

Post by Aurochs »

Hi

I'm having problems with the Sony Bravia KDL 40HX800 and use of WMS.
The files .ts are not read correctly with Sony Bravia KDL Profile 1920*1080. I modified it to remove the native mode .ts and then transcode it. The end result is not good, the picture is very distorted on the HD files (ts native 1920*1080) it switches to 1440 and the image is compressed.

Other problems
The fast forward through all the files is not good, sometimes it freezes (the KDL bug and reboot !!). I have tried to confirm any other media server that WMS is the one that works best. But it's not perfect on the KDL 40HX800

Before purchasing the software I would like to know if other people have managed to correct the problems of file play .ts and fast forward ?

My serveur WMS is 100% dedicated / quad core proc Intel 2,4 Ghz with 4giga Ram / OS Windows 2008R2 64bits. No cpu over charge.

Other question, how to make thmbnail ?

Thanks
Eugene

Re: Sony KDL-40HX800

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Aurochs wrote:I'm having problems with the Sony Bravia KDL 40HX800 and use of WMS.
The files .ts are not read correctly with Sony Bravia KDL Profile 1920*1080. I modified it to remove the native mode .ts and then transcode it. The end result is not good, the picture is very distorted on the HD files (ts native 1920*1080) it switches to 1440 and the image is compressed.
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... ?f=7&t=233
Aurochs wrote: Other problems
The fast forward through all the files is not good, sometimes it freezes (the KDL bug stop and reboot !!). I have tried to confirm any other media server that WMS is the one that works best. But it's not perfect on the KDL 40HX800

Before purchasing the software I would like to know if other people have managed to correct the problems of file. Ts and fast forward ?

My serveur WMS is 100% dedicated / quad core proc Intel 2,4 Ghz with 4giga Ram / OS Windows 2008R2 64bits. No cpu over charge.
Rewind to the transcoded content is very unstable operation (for the device in the first place). My advice is to use the navigation through the folder "Transcoding", you can choose to play any minutes.
Aurochs

Re: Sony KDL-40HX800

Post by Aurochs »

This ok !!!!
4:3 is the good solution.

For the thumbnail ? idea ?