TV displays wrong time code

Xardas

TV displays wrong time code

Post by Xardas »

Hi there,

I got a problem with my Toshiba Regza XV733G. First I have to say that WMS is the best program for streaming media files to TV and it is definitely worth buying it. Still I have a small matter that I need help with. When I stream a video file with a length of about 20 minutes, at the end the TV says the movie is only about 10 minutes running, and he ends the video with the words "error playing the media file". The problem with longer movies is, that if I want to pause the movie and then continue watching, the movie continues at a different (earlier) position due to the wrong time code. Is there any way to fix the problem, or is it a TV issue, that can't be fixed via WMS?
Thx in advance

Greetings
Eugene

Re: TV displays wrong time code

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
Xardas wrote: When I stream a video file with a length of about 20 minutes, at the end the TV says the movie is only about 10 minutes running, and he ends the video with the words "error playing the media file".
Settings - Device - try to enable mode "Chunked" (or Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - Chunked).
Xardas wrote: The problem with longer movies is, that if I want to pause the movie and then continue watching, the movie continues at a different (earlier) position due to the wrong time code. Is there any way to fix the problem, or is it a TV issue, that can't be fixed via WMS?
Try increasing the interval "Terminate transcoding if the temporary file is not used during ? seconds" (Settings - Transcoder)
Xardas

Re: TV displays wrong time code

Post by Xardas »

Many thanks for your advise. Everything works brilliant now!
:P