Best settings for DTS and subtitles

DaveGahan

Best settings for DTS and subtitles

Post by DaveGahan »

Hi and congratulations for this great software !

Could you tell me what are the best settings to have both subtitiles and DTS output when I playback multi languages mkv files please ? I got DTS one time but i cannot more, it is transcoded in AC3 (I do checked the DTS into lpcm setting, cannot see what other change affected this).

(I use a PS3 as a device)

Thanks a lot.
Eugene

Re: Best settings for DTS and subtitles

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
DaveGahan wrote: Could you tell me what are the best settings to have both subtitiles and DTS output when I playback multi languages mkv files please ? I got DTS one time but i cannot more, it is transcoded in AC3 (I do checked the DTS into lpcm setting, cannot see what other change affected this).
(I use a PS3 as a device)
The program hides DTS, if the bitrate is 768000 or 1536000, if the bitrate is not specified, the conversion does not occur. Try to set the bitrate for a track and select it
DaveGahan

Post by DaveGahan »

Unfortunatly I've waited too much time to raise this question, so my trial period is over :oops:

I'm waiting for a 15 days more free licence code to try this but I've already noticed that bitrate does not always appear...

Thanks for your reply.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

DaveGahan wrote:I've already noticed that bitrate does not always appear...
Yes, after updating transcoder, my fix to this problem does not work, will be a new fix.
DaveGahan

Post by DaveGahan »

Thanks a lot for the licence code. I guess this bug explains my problem. I get AC3 instead of DTS after upgrading to 1.07.

Good luck with the fix ;-)
DaveGahan

Post by DaveGahan »

Hi, I still have troubles to get some DTS tracks bitrates to be determined by WMS.

However, mediainfo is able to recognize every stream correctly.

Maybe you could use it while scanning medias ?

This is just an idea ;-)

Thx for the update.