how to make use of hardware accelerated transcoding?

ocupmoc

how to make use of hardware accelerated transcoding?

Post by ocupmoc »

Howdy,

I am a fortunate owner of a Samsung LE46C650 and am using WMS107 as DLNA server.
For some reason the Samsungs do not support all file formats/codecs via DLNA, only below:
Music – MP3 (.mp3)
Photos – JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
Video – MPEG1 (.mpg, .mpeg) MPEG2 (.mpg, .mpeg, .trp, .ts, .tp) DIVX (.mpg, .mpeg, .avi) MPEG4 AVC (.mpg, .mpeg)
Due to this I have been seeing a lot of unsupported codec messages on my Samsung.
To prevent this I was thinking of transcoding just about everything. To relieve the workload of the CPU I purchased CoreAVC as this can make use of the hardware acceleration of my graphicscard, the cuda cores.

How can I configure WMS to make use of this codec for transcoding?
Hope someone has some good tips!

Cheers,
Arco.
Eugene

Re: how to make use of hardware accelerated transcoding?

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
ocupmoc wrote: I am a fortunate owner of a Samsung LE46C650 and am using WMS107 as DLNA server.
For some reason the Samsungs do not support all file formats/codecs via DLNA, only below:
Music – MP3 (.mp3)
Photos – JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
Video – MPEG1 (.mpg, .mpeg) MPEG2 (.mpg, .mpeg, .trp, .ts, .tp) DIVX (.mpg, .mpeg, .avi) MPEG4 AVC (.mpg, .mpeg)
Due to this I have been seeing a lot of unsupported codec messages on my Samsung.
To prevent this I was thinking of transcoding just about everything. To relieve the workload of the CPU I purchased CoreAVC as this can make use of the hardware acceleration of my graphicscard, the cuda cores.

How can I configure WMS to make use of this codec for transcoding?
Settings - File types or Settings - Server - choose a device - Edit - Settings - File types
You can specify rules for selecting transcoding profile for each file type.