Sony KDL-32EX308 - Help Me Please :(

Spinnukur

Sony KDL-32EX308 - Help Me Please :(

Post by Spinnukur »

Okay, need some serious help here. Originally when I installed WMS, I had no problems at all. Eventually, everything wrong that could happen, did happen and all hell let loose.

Finally just uninstalled WMS, then reinstalled it. So now it was working up until five minutes or so. I'm either getting sound with no picture at all, or I'm getting "Video file cannot be played." I have my transcoder on Movies-TsMuxer but for some reason next to all the movies the file type is showing as "AVC."

Remember that in my folder through the tv, their is two sections. One titled "All Movies", the majority of which it's contents get the "Video file cannot be played" error and then their is the "Transcoding" folder who's contents can play almost all the time, just no video and even the audio for that matter sounds as if it has started out in the middle part of the movie.

My media device type selected is Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1280x720) - correct specs for my tv.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 1666081157

Any and all help is greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks,

Spinn

UPDATE: Even switching the device type to Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406), I now get the files showing as "mpeg2" which the tv should be able to play, but still get the "video file cannot be played" error on this format also
JohnCSS

Re: Sony KDL-32EX308 - Help Me Please :(

Post by JohnCSS »

Did you get any joy with your TV? I have the same set, and had similar problems initially. I may be able to help if you didn't get started yet ... John G
Spinnukur

Post by Spinnukur »

JohnCSS wrote:Did you get any joy with your TV? I have the same set, and had similar problems initially. I may be able to help if you didn't get started yet ... John G
No, nothing yet. Any ideas?

Thanks for this.
JohnCSS

Post by JohnCSS »

Hi. sorry for lateness.

I think your transcoder settings may be wrong - mine shows 'blank line' in the TransCoder type box.

Reply to me if you need screenshot of my settings for Sony KDL.

John G