Transcoding mkv with PGS Subtitles

Eugene

Re: Transcoding mkv with PGS Subtitles

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
srinivas_av wrote: First of all congratulations and thank you for developing a very well though out, greatly customizable and useful media server software.

However, still have a few problems (or not ? may be limitations ). Here it is..

I have a Panasonic P42V20D (India version for VT25 of US) plasma, and using device profile of Panasonic Viera TX-P42G20E (given in panasonic section).

And also I have checked 'always perform transcoding when subtitles are found'
Mode for external subtitles only
srinivas_av wrote: When I am streaming a mkv file (a blu ray rip) whose details from media info are like below, I am not getting the sub titles displayed. However, when I kept an external subtitle in the form of .srt file..every thing works like a charm. Any thing you see me doing wrong?
Selecting the subtitles in folder Settings (navigation via Transcoding folder). Or on the right mouse button
in the track list (main form of program)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

srinivas_av wrote:Thanks for the reply. Not sure, whether I followed you correctly or not...but this is what I did...

1) Unchecked 'Settings->Device->Panasonic .. ->Always perform transcoding when subtitles are found'
2) Unchecked 'Settings->Server->Client Devices->Edit->Settings->Always perform transcoding when subtitles are found'
3) and Included the PGS Subtitles as 'All Movies-> Harry Potter And Goblet of Fire->Transcoding->(T) Harry Potter And Goblet of Fire->Original->Select Video, Audio, Subtitles->right click->Select Track'
4) Did the step 3 for 'All Movies-> Harry Potter And Goblet of Fire->Transcoding->(T) (*) (Eng) Harry Potter And Goblet of Fire (1 track) (158)

And I am using Movies(Primary) for transcoding.

But, still don't see any subtitles getting displayed.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Maybe it forced subtitles, on the speech of another language. Have you checked in your Windows player ?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

With PGS subtitles in the mkv was a problem.
Fixed version wmssubt.dll http://www.wildmediaserver.com/files/WmsSubt.dll.
Copy to ?:\Program Files\Wild Media Server.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

srinivas_av wrote: However, a small minor problem (may be?), even though I see the subtitles getting displayed, they are appearing very big on the screen for my taste, so, attempted to change the size and color of the subtitles from Settings-Server-Client->Subtitles, but it seem it is ignoring.
PGS - a graphical subtitles, settings for text subtitles on them do not affect
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

srinivas_av wrote:Oh! I see.
Thank you for letting me know.
Is there no chance in the future to control on how they appear (Not sure, technically possible or not, just asking.)?
Technically possible