Need advice for transcoding

Vibes

Need advice for transcoding

Post by Vibes »

Hello,

i often read that i can play Movies without transcoding. I dont understand that... when i am in the wild media server in the section "All Movies" i can set the transcoding format, but i can not set "play without transcoding" ?
On my TV i can see
1. "Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "All Movies" -> "blablabla.mkv"
also i can see
2. "Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "Transcoding" -> "All Movies" -> "blablabla.mkv".
Is it right that when i take the first Way that there is no transcoding active when i play my movies ? Do i have to take the second ways when i want to play transcoded movies ?
Thanks for your help !
Eugene

Re: Need advice for transcoding

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
Vibes wrote: i often read that i can play Movies without transcoding. I dont understand that... when i am in the wild media server in the section "All Movies" i can set the transcoding format, but i can not set "play without transcoding" ?
On my TV i can see
1. "Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "All Movies" -> "blablabla.mkv"
also i can see
2. "Wild media Server" -> "Movies" -> "Transcoding" -> "All Movies" -> "blablabla.mkv".
Is it right that when i take the first Way that there is no transcoding active when i play my movies ? Do i have to take the second ways when i want to play transcoded movies ?
Sony TV only supports MPEG-PS (mpg,vob) and MPEG-TS format (m2ts,ts). All other files should be played via the transcoding. Transcoding can be lite (just change the format and possibly sound) and heavy (changing video).
Lite transcoding for the Sony TV makes transcoding profile "Movies - TsMuxer", but with restrictions on frame size (1920x1080, 1280x720) and encoding video - Sony TV is very exacting. Heavy transcoding - transcoding profile "Movies (primary)" and "Movies - TsMuxer" with subtitles. Playback via a folder transcoding provides more opportunity for tuning.