Sony Bravia W5500

Eugene

Re: Sony Bravia W5500

Post by Eugene »

braviabob wrote:It seems I maybe spoke to soon, although these are minor. Some changes I make in the settings do not seem to be taking effect, like the active pad colour and general transcoding settings. My machine is not powerful enough to transcode all movies to 1080p so I tried to change the default to Bravia 1280x720. When I go to 'Test Transcoding' it seems to be at the original 1980x1080. When I manually set the films profile it picks it up okay.
If the file transcoding profile is selected, it will work regardless of the current selected device configuration. What problems with active pad colour ?
braviabob wrote: On another note I've read that Windows 7 can offload transcoding processing to a GPU is this true and would it help my WMS to have more than it's onboard chip? Perhaps I should just reinstall XP.
I tried to use Media Foundation, transcoding speed was less than using the current transcoder (FFMPEG), but maybe I'll come back to share the Media Foundation + current transcoder (FFMPEG).
braviabob

Post by braviabob »

I've tried to change the active pad colour to black but it remains stubbornly at gray.

edit to clarify :- In the settings it is showing as black but during playback the padding is still gray. I had no problems changing this running on Vista 32bit
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

braviabob wrote:I've tried to change the active pad colour to black but it remains stubbornly at gray.

edit to clarify :- In the settings it is showing as black but during playback the padding is still gray. I had no problems changing this running on Vista 32bit
Perhaps you are using individual settings of client device. List of client devices (Settings-Server) empty?
If not empty, the row client device is white or gray?
If gray, that is, individual settings and active pad color to be changed in them.
braviabob

Post by braviabob »

Okay one last thing. I'd like to reactivate my firewall. Wildmediaserver is in the exceptions yet when I reactivate the firewall the the program stops talking to the TV.

Cheers,

Bob
braviabob

Post by braviabob »

I just added an exception to the firewall for my TV's IP address