46XBR9 No longer displays avi files

BaliLover

46XBR9 No longer displays avi files

Post by BaliLover »

I had been using version .7x of wms and had been able to get it to display and play all of my .avi files on my kdl-46xbr9. I hadn't used the program in a while and decided to try a clean install of the newest version but when I did, I lost the ability to play avi video. I tried using the Bravia NTSC 16:9 device and it still won't play them. I think I remember having to change some settings the last time to get them to play but I was eventually able to. I can't find the post that I read that told me what to alter now so I'm kind of stuck.
Eugene

Re: 46XBR9 No longer displays avi files

Post by Eugene »

BaliLover wrote:I had been using version .7x of wms and had been able to get it to display and play all of my .avi files on my kdl-46xbr9. I hadn't used the program in a while and decided to try a clean install of the newest version but when I did, I lost the ability to play avi video. I tried using the Bravia NTSC 16:9 device and it still won't play them. I think I remember having to change some settings the last time to get them to play but I was eventually able to. I can't find the post that I read that told me what to alter now so I'm kind of stuck.
Settings-Device-Type-"Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" or
Settings-Server-to choose a device-Edit-Settings-Type-"Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)"
BaliLover

Post by BaliLover »

I'm pretty sure that I have tried both of those to no avail. The MPEG files show up but AVIs are still not showing on the file list. My other question is why the resolution for the NTSC is only 720x406 when the TV is capable of displaying in 1920x1080?

I know with the previous version I had to change some of the settings other than device type to get them to play but its been a long time and I can't remember what I had to do.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

BaliLover wrote:I'm pretty sure that I have tried both of those to no avail.
Perhaps you have chosen transcoding profile, which your TV does not support. Clear profile can be in the menu on right click of the mouse.
BaliLover wrote: The MPEG files show up but AVIs are still not showing on the file list. My other question is why the resolution for the NTSC is only 720x406 when the TV is capable of displaying in 1920x1080?
Typically, users not enough powerful computers for transcoding in a large frame size.