Playing mpg-files stops too early

addy

Playing mpg-files stops too early

Post by addy »

Hi,

I have an issue with playing mpg files (MPEG 2 coded). The streaming stops about half the movie (the total length is 45 minutes and it stops after ~18 minutes). If I fast forward to the first stop then it will play for another 18 minutes and stop. It looks like it can only play 18 minutes at the time... The same bahaviour is seen with several mpg-files ...

I saw a similar issue with avi-files as well but there it stops ~20 minutes from the end (I haven't had the time to verify this avi-issue througly though).

I have experimented with the chunked-setting, as suggested on the forum, but I did not managed to solve the issue. This issue is new since I did not see it earlier (before buying a license).

Any suggestion?

Br,
Adrian
Eugene

Re: Playing mpg-files stops too early

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
addy wrote: I have an issue with playing mpg files (MPEG 2 coded). The streaming stops about half the movie (the total length is 45 minutes and it stops after ~18 minutes). If I fast forward to the first stop then it will play for another 18 minutes and stop. It looks like it can only play 18 minutes at the time... The same bahaviour is seen with several mpg-files ...

I saw a similar issue with avi-files as well but there it stops ~20 minutes from the end (I haven't had the time to verify this avi-issue througly though).

I have experimented with the chunked-setting, as suggested on the forum, but I did not managed to solve the issue. This issue is new since I did not see it earlier (before buying a license).
In Samsung TV max file size for MPEG-PS - 1024 МB - size vob-file.
addy

Post by addy »

Hi Eugene,

So you mean that there is a limitation for the Samsung TV which makes impossible streaming mpg-files bigger than 1 GB? Is that right?

Regards,
Adrian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
addy wrote: So you mean that there is a limitation for the Samsung TV which makes impossible streaming mpg-files bigger than 1 GB? Is that right?
It's right.