Transcoding FLAC files for play on Sony KDL-52XRB9

ynotmi

Transcoding FLAC files for play on Sony KDL-52XRB9

Post by ynotmi »

Hello Eugene,

First of all thank you for your hard work with WMS. I have tried numerous other DLNA servers but yours works the best with my Sony.

I have a large collection of Music in lossless FLAC format. My Sony says it supports DLNA formats of MPEG2, LPCM, MP3 and JPEG. I have no problem playing mp3 but have had no luck with transcoding FLAC to LPCM or MP3.

I would prefer to transcode to LPCM as it is lossless.

I've tried many variations in Transcoding>Music but nothing seems to work. All I ever get is "File Can Not Be Played" when trying to transcode/play from the Sony.
Eugene

Re: Transcoding FLAC files for play on Sony KDL-52XRB9

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
ynotmi wrote: I have a large collection of Music in lossless FLAC format. My Sony says it supports DLNA formats of MPEG2, LPCM, MP3 and JPEG. I have no problem playing mp3 but have had no luck with transcoding FLAC to LPCM or MP3.

I would prefer to transcode to LPCM as it is lossless.

I've tried many variations in Transcoding>Music but nothing seems to work. All I ever get is "File Can Not Be Played" when trying to transcode/play from the Sony.
Which program version? What parameters FLAC (channels, sample rate) ?
After selecting the configuration of the device "Sony TV NTSC (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" program is configured for playing FLAC.
Settings-Transcoder-Music-Transcoding file params: Extension: s16be; MIME-type: audio/L16
When scanning to FLAC connects transcoding profile "Music - FLAC - LPCM"
Test transcoding can be on your right mouse button "Test transcoding".
The column "Transcoding profile" can be shown from the columns setup on right click mouse - Customizing.
If DTS placed in FLAC, then for such FLAC to select profile transcoding Music (FLAC-DTS) on right click mouse.