Media Share from directv and trickplay would be Awsome!!

counthigh

Media Share from directv and trickplay would be Awsome!!

Post by counthigh »

Over at DBStalk.com a forum for people with directv HR dvr boxes there are multiple discussions from people who complain they have tried every media software available and not been able to get rewind and fastforward to work...

Direct tv for some reason designed there receiver to only work from an intel viv computer....

I thought that with all the many differnt settings in WMS that I might get lucky and get rewind and fastforward to work but I was not so lucky....

There has got to be a correct way to write a script or software that would enable the direct tv box to rewind or fastforward......

I am certain if you found a way to get the rewind and fastforward to work on Direct Tv's media share you would have even more
people using this product....
Eugene

Re: Media Share from directv and trickplay would be Awsome!!

Post by Eugene »

counthigh wrote:Over at DBStalk.com a forum for people with directv HR dvr boxes there are multiple discussions from people who complain they have tried every media software available and not been able to get rewind and fastforward to work...

Direct tv for some reason designed there receiver to only work from an intel viv computer....

I thought that with all the many differnt settings in WMS that I might get lucky and get rewind and fastforward to work but I was not so lucky....

There has got to be a correct way to write a script or software that would enable the direct tv box to rewind or fastforward......

I am certain if you found a way to get the rewind and fastforward to work on Direct Tv's media share you would have even more
people using this product....
Fastforward is not available or not working ? At any content or only transcoded ? Have you installed Viiv Media Server ?
counthigh

Post by counthigh »

Thanks for replying
No I do not have viv media center...

Directtv designed there satellite DVR receivers to work with viv media center..
However no one actually has a viv computer and viv is no longer made.....
the following copy and paste from a forum will explain better.

"That's the way I see it as well. Of course, that is a supposition on my part because I don't know anyone who actually has, or has ever had, a Viiv computer. As near as I can recall, no one has ever posted on the Forum that they had one either.
Apparently the only one in the US running Media Share on a Viiv computer is the Directv software engineer who designed this program. When I suggested they re write the setup instructions to eliminate Viiv I was told that they had some sort of restrictions in that regard. As you can all see, the instructions were never altered."

Directtv users have complained and complained for a long time about the directv media share set up and how no program out there today makes it possible to rewind or fastforward... My thinking is that there has got to be settings that would get rewind and fastforward working on Directv Boxes.. This feature may be a long ways out but it sure would be a major breakthrough if your software was the one to crack the problem.....
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

DirecTV has (is) changing to be DNLA. But it appears that all they have done so far is change their logo. I'm part of the DirecTV Cutting Edge program so Ii might be a while before they release all of the updates to the mainstream receivers. I haven't tried the TrickPlay stuff with the 1.0+ versions. I'll try and give it a shot and report back.