Several questions/suggestions

Grka

Several questions/suggestions

Post by Grka »

Greetings; I just found your nice program - used PS3 Media Server in the past, but with my Bravia 5800 you couldn't really fast forward in movies.
Ok now to your program =)

- I've read about trial - do you plan to sell your software, or will it stay for free?
- I don't really like the scanning function. But I found out that the last "folder" with a name in russian (i think) will list all my drives. This is very nice, but, could it also show a transcode folder in it, so that I can play all movies I find there, because not all files are listed?
- PS3MS uses the RAM to transcode files, will something like this be implemented? (I don't really want to have fragments of deleted files from some movies on my harddisk).

Thank you
Eugene

Re: Several questions/suggestions

Post by Eugene »

Grka wrote:Greetings; I just found your nice program - used PS3 Media Server in the past, but with my Bravia 5800 you couldn't really fast forward in movies.
Ok now to your program =)
- I've read about trial - do you plan to sell your software, or will it stay for free?
Most likely the program will be paid
Grka wrote: - I don't really like the scanning function. But I found out that the last "folder" with a name in russian (i think) will list all my drives. This is very nice, but, could it also show a transcode folder in it, so that I can play all movies I find there, because not all files are listed?
The list shows the file depends on the setting file types Settings-File types
Grka wrote: - PS3MS uses the RAM to transcode files, will something like this be implemented? (I don't really want to have fragments of deleted files from some movies on my harddisk).
I think NTFS not FAT. But it is possible in the future versions there will be such customisation.
It can be made and now (in transcoding profiles it is possible to create pipes), but whether I will work with the device I do not know.