Sont KDL-37W5810 and WMS

Eugene

Re: Sont KDL-37W5810 and WMS

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:
Eugene wrote:
dgat wrote: Problem now is the framing has no effect at all on any 16:9 programs (i.e. TV shows) - the frame is not in the transcoded files for these. I have set it to always scale but to no effect plus played with all sorts of sizes and profiles.

I guess I can live with this but it seems weird - there must be some logic behind it deciding not to frame these - I have even set my orig frame to be 4:3 to see if that forces it but to no avail.
For the server, no matter the content of media resources (i.e. TV shows), but its work may depend on it file type.
Thats weird then - the file types are all AVI regardless of the aspect ratio
If the padding value from all sides equal 0, WMS really does not add a frame border. This can not be changed for the Movies (primary), but you can change transcoding profile Movies (additional) - Settings - Transcoder - Profiles - Movies (additional) - Edit

Code: Select all

if (iPadLeft > 0) or (iPadRight > 0) or (iPadTop > 0) or (iPadBottom > 0) then begin
          sParams := sParams + Format(' -padleft %d -padright %d -padtop %d -padbottom %d -padcolor %s',
                      [iPadLeft, iPadRight, iPadTop, iPadBottom, WmsConvertColor(cfgTranscodingPadColor)]);
          if cfgTranscodingFrameExists then
            sParams := sParams + cfgTranscodingFrameParams;
          Inc(iFrameWidth,  iPadLeft + iPadRight);
          Inc(iFrameHeight, iPadTop + iPadBottom);
        end
replace on

if (iPadLeft > 0) or (iPadRight > 0) or (iPadTop > 0) or (iPadBottom > 0) then begin
          sParams := sParams + Format(' -padleft %d -padright %d -padtop %d -padbottom %d -padcolor %s',
                      [iPadLeft, iPadRight, iPadTop, iPadBottom, WmsConvertColor(cfgTranscodingPadColor)]);
          Inc(iFrameWidth,  iPadLeft + iPadRight);
          Inc(iFrameHeight, iPadTop + iPadBottom);
        end;        
        if cfgTranscodingFrameExists then
          sParams := sParams + cfgTranscodingFrameParams;
dgat

Post by dgat »

Thanks Eugene

I have made that change in Movies (additional) and selected that Transcoder Profile and tested again - exactly the same I am afraid - my 16:9 files have no padding but others do.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote: I have made that change in Movies (additional) and selected that Transcoder Profile and tested again - exactly the same I am afraid - my 16:9 files have no padding but others do.
1. Select problematic file in list.
2. Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-Movies (additional) - Edit - click green button Check.
3. What transcoding parameters ? (on right click mouse "Copy to clipboard")
dgat

Post by dgat »

Eugene wrote:
dgat wrote: I have made that change in Movies (additional) and selected that Transcoder Profile and tested again - exactly the same I am afraid - my 16:9 files have no padding but others do.
2. Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-Movies (additional) - Edit - click green button Check.

Result: -i "<INPUT FILE>" -f dvd -vcodec mpeg2video -b 8000000 -aspect 16:9 -copyts -pix_fmt yuv420p -acodec ac3 -ab 448000 -ar 48000

By stepping through the script I can see where it is failing - its at if (iWidth > 0) and (iHeight > 0) then begin - at that point the if is false for some reason so it misses that whole chunk of code out! (ran it through with one that works and that section is triggered by the if statement).
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:
Eugene wrote:

Result: -i "<INPUT FILE>" -f dvd -vcodec mpeg2video -b 8000000 -aspect 16:9 -copyts -pix_fmt yuv420p -acodec ac3 -ab 448000 -ar 48000

By stepping through the script I can see where it is failing - its at if (iWidth > 0) and (iHeight > 0) then begin - at that point the if is false for some reason so it misses that whole chunk of code out! (ran it through with one that works and that section is triggered by the if statement).
On right click mouse "Load file properties" in list of movies
dgat

Post by dgat »

On right click mouse "Load file properties" in list of movies[/quote]

No real diff between one that works and one that doesnt (apart from the obv)

Working
-------

Video MPEG4 (XVID) 0 23.976 720x304 45:19

Not Working
------------
Video MPEG4 (XVID) 0 23.976 624x352 39:22
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

dgat wrote:On right click mouse "Load file properties" in list of movies

Working
-------

Not Working
------------
On step

if (iWidth > 0) and (iHeight > 0) then begin
You can see the value of variables iWidth, iHeight. Button with calculator image.
dgat

Post by dgat »

Eugene wrote:

Working
-------

Not Working
------------
On step

You can see the value of variables iWidth, iHeight. Button with calculator image.
This is crazy - I just used the calculator and it correctly shows the correct Width and Height and guess what! It all starts working AOK!!! I have made no changes at all since it wasn't working yesterday - maybe exposing the properties has forced them to work? I am gonna try again getting on I havent forced the properties load and see what happens.
dgat

Post by dgat »

dgat wrote:
Eugene wrote:

Working
-------

Not Working
------------
On step

This is crazy - I just used the calculator and it correctly shows the correct Width and Height and guess what! It all starts working AOK!!! I have made no changes at all since it wasn't working yesterday - maybe exposing the properties has forced them to work? I am gonna try again getting on I havent forced the properties load and see what happens.
Bingo yes - if you dont load file properties prior to playing it doesnt work - if you do then it does!