Transcoding HD mov files with TsMuxer has audio sync issues

Fredrik70

Transcoding HD mov files with TsMuxer has audio sync issues

Post by Fredrik70 »

I downloaded a few 1080p HD movies from apple's movie trailer library.
The best result on my Sony KDL EX500 tv I get with the profile: Movie TsMuxer.
When test transcoding on my computer it is very fast and the results on TV are perfect.
However, the transcoded file has a severe audio sync issues.

For example, the movie Splice (http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/spl ... h1080p.mov).
When I chose the "Movie TsMuxer"-profile and chose "Test transcoding" the produced file has severe audio out of sync issues.

An error in TsMuxer, or is it something that can be corrected by changing the TsMuxer profile script?

There are other apple hd trailes that give the same result.
Eugene

Re: Transcoding HD mov files with TsMuxer has audio sync issues

Post by Eugene »

Fredrik70 wrote:I downloaded a few 1080p HD movies from apple's movie trailer library.
The best result on my Sony KDL EX500 tv I get with the profile: Movie TsMuxer.
When test transcoding on my computer it is very fast and the results on TV are perfect.
However, the transcoded file has a severe audio sync issues.

For example, the movie Splice (http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/spl ... h1080p.mov).
File not available for download.
Fredrik70

Post by Fredrik70 »

Sorry, Apple has restrictions if Quickplayer is not installed.

A movie trailer test file can be downloaded from here:
http://www.freddis.fi/moviepage.htm

(right click on link to save).
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Fredrik70 wrote:Sorry, Apple has restrictions if Quickplayer is not installed.

A movie trailer test file can be downloaded from here:
http://www.freddis.fi/moviepage.htm

(right click on link to save).
Thanks, tsmuxer unable to determine the frame rate and took the default 25, so the problem. New version transcoding profile "Movies - TsMuxer" - added frame rate in the call TsMuxer.
tsmuxer.zip
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 1053 times
1. Unzip.
2. Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-"Movies-TsMuxer" - Delete
3. Load - tsmuxer.cfg - Clear current lists ? - No
4. Ok - Ok
Fredrik70

Post by Fredrik70 »

Wow, thank you! :D
It works perfectly now!
This is the only program that seem to be able to play back any movie file in fantastic quality to Sony Bravia, after a little tweaking :)

There also seems to be some problem with Sony Bravia (EX-series) when fast forwarding or when jumping in those files that were .mov, after about 10-15 sek the playback stops and only the option "Restart playback" on Sony gets the picture back.

But I solved it in Settings > Device > "Files:position in DNLA", by checking
both "by position in file" and "by time" and "chunked". With these setting jumping and fastforwarding work perfectly, the only issue is that to start playback one has to jump a few seconds in the timeline on some films (it just show a black screen until that). It might be a Sony issue.
creed

Post by creed »

Hello Eugene
New user of your excellent software, but have some problems. When trascoding HD movies (file sizez bigger than 6GB) with "Movies_primari_1280*720" profile on my Sony w5500 the movie is unwatchable (it's stoping al the time). I also tried TSMuxer profile (as mentoned above) and it's a little bit better, but then the sound is out of sync and still the movie stops too many times.

Is there any other profile that I should try, or is this as best as it can get? I tried to change some paramethers, but the picture is always too choppy. Is this a problem of computer (graphic card, RAM) or network problem??

Ow yeah, I use your latest WMS 1,01
Thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

creed wrote:Hello Eugene
New user of your excellent software, but have some problems. When trascoding HD movies (file sizez bigger than 6GB) with "Movies_primari_1280*720" profile on my Sony w5500 the movie is unwatchable (it's stoping al the time). I also tried TSMuxer profile (as mentoned above) and it's a little bit better, but then the sound is out of sync and still the movie stops too many times.

Is there any other profile that I should try, or is this as best as it can get? I tried to change some paramethers, but the picture is always too choppy. Is this a problem of computer (graphic card, RAM) or network problem??
If you are using WiFi, then the problem is this.
creed

Post by creed »

No i'm not using wifi. I tried the same movie over WD TV Live and it works perfectly.
I'll wait and see if someone gets or figgers out a profile that will play large files smothly.

LP