KDL55HX701 -- cannot access from television

ccdrake1

KDL55HX701 -- cannot access from television

Post by ccdrake1 »

Just picked up a new Sony TV (part number in subject).

I am new to DLNA, but as a test I enabled the feature within Windows Media Player on my Windows 7 machine, and shared out my PC's media. After I turned on the television, I could see it listed as a DLNA compliant device in Windows Media Player. I set up the sharing rule in WMP and was then able to stream content from my PC to my television...worked great!

I soon found that WMP was lacking in functionality and came across the Wild Media Server application. I installed the program and set the media device as "Sony TV (DLNA, 1920x1080). When I click on the Server tab it lists my server name with port 0...is this correct?

Under allowed network connections I did a search and chose my PC's NIC. Under allowed client devices I did a search and saw the TV listed as Bravia KDL-55HX701, with its IP address and MAC address. I chose the television, left other settings as default, and started WMS application.

When I go to my PC I do not see the WMS server running. I tried running the TV's built in diagnostic program and it lists my PC's IP address with unknown server name, and doesn't see it as a DLNA device.

Why does the TV see Windows Media Player from my PC but doesn't see the Wild Media server from the same PC?? I assume something is missing in my config but am not sure what it is. As a test I did stop the WMP network service from running to ensure it wasn't interfering with WMS.

Feedback would be appreciated. I would really like to get this program working as it seems to have a lot of functionality!
ccdrake1

Re: KDL55HX701 -- cannot access from television

Post by ccdrake1 »

Discovered that I had somehow downloaded an old version .72 of the application. Downloaded and installed v1.0 and it works perfectly. Seems to play AVI, MKV and even some ISO images flawlessly.

What a great program!