.mkv audio slightly out of sync on Sony KDL EX500

Hotmaildude

.mkv audio slightly out of sync on Sony KDL EX500

Post by Hotmaildude »

My laptop is connected wireless to my router; my tv is connected via cable to my Linksys router.
When streaming a .mkv file the audio is consistently slightly delayed compared to the video.

Video: H264, Framerate=23.976, Frame size=1280x720
Audio: DCA, Sample rate=48000, Channels=6

The delay is just enough to notice (maybe 0.1). The problem occurs both when using the "Movies (Primary)" and the "Movies - TsMuxer". I have tried to use the audio delay function, but this is not fine enough to account for the actual delay.

The "raw" video" is not out of sync nor are the test-transcoded videos.
The only thing I have edited is: Added "AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3" in DLNA for .mkv files
Is this a known issue with WMS or could it be a setup issue with my tv or wireless connection.

Let me know if you want some more information or screenshots!
P.s. Absolutely great product.....
Hotmaildude

Re: .mkv audio slightly out of sync on Sony KDL EX500

Post by Hotmaildude »

Found out that it was just the one .mkv file that didnt function properly (why.. I dont know).....
nickir

Post by nickir »

How can you play mkv to your EX500..? i have the same. But i can't get it to play perfect. it is lagging.? Do you have some speciel settings or something like that.?
Hotmaildude

Post by Hotmaildude »

Have you enabled the Console window in order to see how fast your transcoding is (Settings - Transcoder - Show transcoder console window)?

If you transcode with 20 frames per second and the actual movie is 24 fps, then you'll see the lag!

... Good luck
nickir

Post by nickir »

Thank you for the answer, but:

Where in the console window can I see how fast im am transcoding..?

And know when I try to see it on my tv, it finds the file, and you can play it, but there is just a black screen. If i try on my PS3, it plays, but with a lag.

My Media Device: Sony TV (DNLA, 16:9, 1280x720)