choppy video while transcoding

mhendel

choppy video while transcoding

Post by mhendel »

Hi Eugene,

First, sorry for my english, i am french speaking. I use WMS last version and i try to view a movie with subs. First I try to use CPL between my WDTV Live and my server. It was impossible to see anything. I though it was the link between both, so i change my mind and i've installed a ethernet cable (CAT5E). Now its a bit more fast, but the video is choppy and it's impossible to watch the movie. I guess my problem is linked with transcoding. How can i resolve this? I try to test the transcoding, and the results is attached to this. Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

Mike
Attachments
wms1.jpg
wms1.jpg (128.25 KiB) Viewed 7791 times
mhendel

Re: choppy video while transcoding

Post by mhendel »

Any idea? Subs are really important for me... :(
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
I have no problem with watching movies on WDTV Live when turned on subtitles. The problem may be in link WDTV Live - TV, TV may require the frame rate 25, it can be set in the program settings (Settings-Transcoder-Codecs, frame)
mhendel

Post by mhendel »

hi Eugene, tks for your reply. Is it possible my problem is in relation with firmware upgrading? I upgraded 3 days ago. 2 weeks ago, it seemed to be running well...
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mhendel wrote:hi Eugene, tks for your reply. Is it possible my problem is in relation with firmware upgrading? I upgraded 3 days ago. 2 weeks ago, it seemed to be running well...
My firmware 1.02.21, WMS - 0.73.4
mhendel

Post by mhendel »

ok thanks i will check. Thanks.
mhendel

Post by mhendel »

Well i've checked the versions, and i have the same than you have (both WMS et WDTV). I have also a PS3, and when i test the same movie with the same subs, it works!! With the WDTV, the movie begins normally, and after 20 Seconds, it begins to be very very slow, like a replay in a football game. I really dont know what i have to do, and its very frustrating, especially when it works with one another device like my PS3. What am i missing?

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mhendel wrote:Well i've checked the versions, and i have the same than you have (both WMS et WDTV). I have also a PS3, and when i test the same movie with the same subs, it works!! With the WDTV, the movie begins normally, and after 20 Seconds, it begins to be very very slow, like a replay in a football game. I really dont know what i have to do, and its very frustrating, especially when it works with one another device like my PS3. What am i missing?
I repeated a problem, it started after a while, I think the problem with the creation MPEGTS stream. Helps choose a different file format transcoded MPEG (DVD) or use the profile transcoding Movies - TsMuxer.
mhendel

Post by mhendel »

excuse me but how do you do this?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

mhendel wrote:excuse me but how do you do this?
File format - Settings-Transcoder-"Codecs,frame" or Settings-Server-"Individual settings client device"-Transcoding.
Choosing transcoding profile by right click mouse in list of films.