Samsung TV needs MP3 ID3 Tags v1.0 or v1.1

richardh

Samsung TV needs MP3 ID3 Tags v1.0 or v1.1

Post by richardh »

Hi Eugene.

Is there any way "wmsmpeg" can be told to produce .mp3 files using only v1.0 or v1.1 ID3 tags?

Currently, it seems to output .mp3 files with v2.4. My super-advanced Samsung TV can't play such MP3s - by now, nothing surprises me :)

If there's an additional command line argument I can use to force old-style ID3 tags, it would be useful!

Cheers,

Rich
Eugene

Re: Samsung TV needs MP3 ID3 Tags v1.0 or v1.1

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
richardh wrote:
Is there any way "wmsmpeg" can be told to produce .mp3 files using only v1.0 or v1.1 ID3 tags?

Currently, it seems to output .mp3 files with v2.4. My super-advanced Samsung TV can't play such MP3s - by now, nothing surprises me :)

If there's an additional command line argument I can use to force old-style ID3 tags, it would be useful!
Default configuration Samsung transcodes into LPCM.
Try to delete the profile DLNA (MP3) for mp3 (Settings - File Types)
richardh

Post by richardh »

I'm actually coming at this from a slightly different angle.

The Samsung telly gets *all* sorts of stuff wrong, including its playback speed for s16be-audio/L16. This means I can't do straightforward transcoding of things like .m4a AAC without it sounding like "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

So I'd tweaked the transcoding settings and such so the TV got given .mp3 instead... but it refuses to play any MP3 file with the recent ID3 tag formats. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to tell "wmsmpeg" to switch to v1.0 or v1.1 instead.

Rich
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

richardh wrote:I'm actually coming at this from a slightly different angle.

The Samsung telly gets *all* sorts of stuff wrong, including its playback speed for s16be-audio/L16. This means I can't do straightforward transcoding of things like .m4a AAC without it sounding like "Alvin and the Chipmunks".

So I'd tweaked the transcoding settings and such so the TV got given .mp3 instead... but it refuses to play any MP3 file with the recent ID3 tag formats. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to tell "wmsmpeg" to switch to v1.0 or v1.1 instead.

Rich
I could not find keys for switch to v1.0 or v1.1. And he probably does not help, because they are written at the end of the file, while the TV will ask end of file at beginning transcoding. I think better to solve the problem with transcoding to LPCM, mono or stereo ?

P.S. You can also use transcoding to mp2