Introducing myself and my WMS & Sony Bravia 32W5710

LouisXIV

Introducing myself and my WMS & Sony Bravia 32W5710

Post by LouisXIV »

I just downloaded WMS 0.71 because I was looking for a DLNA server. Last week I bought a Sony KDL-32W5710 TV and now I want to use my PC mediafiles on the TV.

I just tried Nero MediaHome, I was not to enthousiastic about it. Myfirst impression of WMS is much, much better! For a start: WMS lets me set which mediafiles to index in a directorytree. This means that all CD covers which I include with my MP3 files can be disgarded when indexing (something Nero could not do) and they will not show up in my photo collection.... GREAT!

Right now, WMS is indexing my files. A first quick test was promissing, so I let him get on with all my foto's and MP3's ;)

I want to use WMS to play my music, show my pic's and show my DVD's right from the PC, so I will try to keep you informed of my progress :mrgreen:
LouisXIV

Re: Introducing myself and my WMS & Sony Bravia 32W5710

Post by LouisXIV »

First "challenge" found ....

My ESET Internet Security Suite doesn't like WMS :? When I first tried tot connect, nothing happened. Disabled firewall, everything worked fine. Added WMS to my trusted application list, worked fine.

Tried to change WMS setting "Install Windows Service" -> everything froze on my PC. Rebooted, added WMSSVC to ESET, nothing worked....

Changed WMS settings to before (only kept "startup server with program") and from this moment on I can not convince ESET to trust WMS.EXE. I deleted my entries in ESET, made new new... no effects. I can only see the server when I disable the firewall. :evil:

I want to try adding portsettings, which port should I use within WMS? Now the setting is 0=auto.

Thanks!
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

LouisXIV wrote:First "challenge" found ....

My ESET Internet Security Suite doesn't like WMS :? When I first tried tot connect, nothing happened. Disabled firewall, everything worked fine. Added WMS to my trusted application list, worked fine.

Tried to change WMS setting "Install Windows Service" -> everything froze on my PC. Rebooted, added WMSSVC to ESET, nothing worked....

Changed WMS settings to before (only kept "startup server with program") and from this moment on I can not convince ESET to trust WMS.EXE. I deleted my entries in ESET, made new new... no effects. I can only see the server when I disable the firewall. :evil:

I want to try adding portsettings, which port should I use within WMS? Now the setting is 0=auto.
TCP (In): The port specified on the page Server
UDP (In, Out): Port 1900
In ESET Internet Security Suite you can enable learning mode.
LouisXIV

Post by LouisXIV »

Eugene wrote:TCP (In): The port specified on the page Server
UDP (In, Out): Port 1900
In ESET Internet Security Suite you can enable learning mode.
Yep, I know. Learning mode does the trick most of the time, but not with WMS (with me). I also use ESET in advanced and interactive mode, but somehow it works right now :?

I rebooted my PC (did it several times before) AND I let WMS finish its rescan of my media folders. Don't know why but now everything works OK. I will test later today if it keeps working after a WMS server restart, I'll let you know.
LouisXIV

Post by LouisXIV »

yep, restarted, rebooted .... it keeps on working like it should be 8-)