The Thank you thread

Rossonero

The Thank you thread

Post by Rossonero »

Thanks for a wonderful media server. By far the best I've come across.
richardh

Re: The Thank you thread

Post by richardh »

Seconded. I've got a Samsung LED-backlit LCD TV (UA46B7100) and have been banging my head against DLNA problems for two months. I've tried so many media servers it's not funny.

WMS is the first one that gets my kids' movies playing more than just the first 1GB's worth (thanks to MPEGTS format), without any a/v sync problems. Yes to thumbnails. Yes to pause/FWD/RWD.

Thanks a million. My evenings can now be spent watching the damn TV instead of troubleshooting it. :)

Rich
brettich

Post by brettich »

+1

Fantastic software! I have it running on a Windows Home Server, streaming to my WDTV Live -connected via HDMI to a Yamaha 7.1 HD receiver >> Samsung LN46B650...

:D Everything just works, especially streaming very high bitrate 1080P native BluRay content....

My next project will be integrating into my loss-less iTunes library for "whole home audio" :geek:

Thank you!

BR
Wild Media Server installed on: Windows Home Server (3Tb custom build)
Playback on: WDTV-Live via Yamaha RXV-1800 Receiver
Viewing on: 46" Samsung 6-Series LCD
imocattivo

Post by imocattivo »

+ 1 :mrgreen:
surfingsmurf

Post by surfingsmurf »

here here to WMS. I've tried the rest and WMS is the best.... :P

The damn thing is amazing. I'm streaming a HD movie to my Sony Bravia via wireless and the picture is incredible
trevorsem

Post by trevorsem »

+1
robertvg

Post by robertvg »

A big Thumbs Up for this program !

I have tried lots of Media Servers (ps3mediaserver, Nero HomeMedia, Twonky, TVersity, WM7) and WMS is the first one that gives me good results on streaming video - orginal formats and transcoding !! And this is just a 0.73 version !!
Have some small issues still and some wishes but I need to play around more with all the options.

ps: config:
WK7 Enterprise 64 bits with WMS as media server, Samsung UE32B7000 dlna tv, Onkyo TX-NR807 dlna receiver, and Plugplayer on the iPhone as remote/controller

Regards,
Robert
entropy

Thank You

Post by entropy »

Since the beginning of the year (off & on), I've been trying to get my movies from my machine onto the TV.
Started off trying to set up an old box I had laying 'round - so I could watch from, record & play DVD's if needed - & trying all different programs.
Looked into dedicated hardware like BeyondWiz, Popcorn, WDTV etc
...so much reading, I was going quietly insane! :shock: :?

About 3-4 weeks ago, I read about our TV having this DLNA feature. So after more reading, it led me here :) Downloaded it, & only just (last couple days) got 'round to having a play.
Gotta say...I'm impressed :o Had it up 'n' running and watching basically straight away.

Had a few minor hiccups, like the grey bars when the picture doesn't fill the screen - cutting out the last minute or 2 - FF not working. But found all the solutions right here :)
Don't understand all this transcoding & stuff, but the app works...so do I need to *LOL*
Gotta say, I love the ability to FF/RW, others I tried, they wouldn't work.
Also love the fact it can be started from a User account, & doesn't have to be ran as an Admin - all machines on my home network are ran from a user acc. I know it doesn't prevent nasties, but does lower the chances of gettin 'em ;)

Enough of my ramblings, got a few questions needing answering, but they're for their own thread if I can't find it already posted.
Just felt like saying THANKS :)
JDizzy

Post by JDizzy »

brettich wrote:+1

Fantastic software! I have it running on a Windows Home Server, streaming to my WDTV Live -connected via HDMI to a Yamaha 7.1 HD receiver >> Samsung LN46B650...
Pretty much same setup as mine!
WDTV Live is one of the quirkiest boxes I have ever used, but with WMS it works great!
Thanks!
S@gittarius

Post by S@gittarius »

By far the best DLNA server I came across!!!
Simply there is no analog out there to match the functionality and all the capabilities of WMS. The more time I spend with the more I like it!
Well done.