Problem with RAW format images.

rosenhauer

Problem with RAW format images.

Post by rosenhauer »

When I view RAW (CR2 in this case) my player displays a tiny thumbnail instead of the actual photo. From reading on other boards on my player (DirecTV HR12) this happens when the image size is to large and it used the thumbnail rather than the scaled full image. I've tried lowering the 1,000,000 to force it to send a smaller image (this allowed it to view jpg images) but that still doesn't fix it.

Is it possible to set it to not generate the thumbnails when converting RAW images?
Eugene

Re: Problem with RAW format images.

Post by Eugene »

rosenhauer wrote:When I view RAW (CR2 in this case) my player displays a tiny thumbnail instead of the actual photo. From reading on other boards on my player (DirecTV HR12) this happens when the image size is to large and it used the thumbnail rather than the scaled full image. I've tried lowering the 1,000,000 to force it to send a smaller image (this allowed it to view jpg images) but that still doesn't fix it.

Is it possible to set it to not generate the thumbnails when converting RAW images?
http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... &f=19#p791
5. Thumbnail support is now possible to specify for each type media resources
(films, music, photos).
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

If I turn that off the I can't browse past the folder - that is none of the actual images are listed. So I need the thumbnails at that point but when it serves the image to be displayed I need it to either be just a JPG without a low res thumbnail.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rosenhauer wrote:If I turn that off the I can't browse past the folder - that is none of the actual images are listed. So I need the thumbnails at that point but when it serves the image to be displayed I need it to either be just a JPG without a low res thumbnail.
Try to choose via a folder Transcoding. What settings "Embedded file support" for Photo files ?
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

The embedded support is listed as "jpg". Going through the transcoding folder produces the same image. Just a small thumbnail in the middle of the screen.

Then I tried Transcoding using ImageMagick and it won't display the image.

I was mistaken on the thumbnail stuff it looks like it's actually the EXIF data that causes the issue.

Here is a thread about MediaTomb (a linux media server)

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p ... ost1618565

I tried doing a script edit to jpegscale.bat adding the +profile '*' but it still doesn't work.

Thanks for looking at this for me. If there is anything you might need from me to help figure it out let me know - debug logs or wireshark captures (I think I can figure out how to do those)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

rosenhauer wrote:The embedded support is listed as "jpg". Going through the transcoding folder produces the same image. Just a small thumbnail in the middle of the screen.

Then I tried Transcoding using ImageMagick and it won't display the image.

I was mistaken on the thumbnail stuff it looks like it's actually the EXIF data that causes the issue.

Here is a thread about MediaTomb (a linux media server)

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p ... ost1618565

I tried doing a script edit to jpegscale.bat adding the +profile '*' but it still doesn't work.

Thanks for looking at this for me. If there is anything you might need from me to help figure it out let me know - debug logs or wireshark captures (I think I can figure out how to do those)
You can change the size of a thumbnail Settings-Device-Thumbnails, identifiers.
You can change the maximum number of pixels to 300000 (Settings-Device-Embedded file support).
Debug log - Settings - Additional.
Jpg may be removed from the list of supported, if there are restrictions.