New User with Samsung LE40C630

adamuadamu

Re: New User with Samsung LE40C630

Post by adamuadamu »

hello there
I'm a new user of samsung LE37C630
I spend several hours reading the forum and trying to set up WMS, but I'm unsuccessful at streaming Internet TV and Radio. No matter what I choose, I get "unsupported format" message on TV. According to the advice I found, I checked:
- if there's transcoding output - yes, there is, the files are created
- if the files created can be played on tv via usb of from hdd - for TV - yes, for radio - no; for audio I get files .s16be which can't be opened
- several system reboots, several server restarts, couple of installation/deinstallation procedures with Revo Uninstaller assistance
- I tried to point at VLC location manually, then I tried to used a VLC Portable distribution

what is more astonishing to me, I'm able to play podcasts (I've checked youtube podcasts). I'm also able to play my movies and yt podcasts using transcoding and I can see files being created in the temporary folder. Playing YT and my movies from HDD works flawlessly

I'm using a celeron E3300@3.33GHz/2GB RAM/HD502HJ/W7HP as server, TP-Link WR340G / TP-Link WA500G as wireless client for TV

If there's a step-by-step troubleshooting guide (pictures included would be even nicer...), please direct me to that

Thanks in advance