B650 has trouble finding the WMS

Mike

B650 has trouble finding the WMS

Post by Mike »

When I was using the 1.01 of Wild Media Server under Win XP everything worked fine and I did not have any trouble finding the WMS with my Samsung LE40B650 TV. When I switched to Windows 7 I installed version 1.03 and activated the licence from start. And now the TV has real trouble finding the WMS. When I start the TV and the WMS, I usually have to restart the server several times before it is found by the TV. If I only start it once I can only wait and hope that it will be found sometimes. I currently checked this out and it was found after about 15 minutes. When I search for the TV set in the WMS application it is found immediately. When I activate home network under Windows 7 for sharing media, the PC is found right away on the TV set. At least once the WMS is found, it is working without any problem. It seems to me to be some kind of trouble with broadcasting the availability of the WMS and/or the permission to accept the WMS.

At the moment I'm really frustrated with the situation and it's really harrasing me. Cause it's basically not possible to spontaneously see a movie via DLNA. :(
Eugene

Re: B650 has trouble finding the WMS

Post by Eugene »

Mike wrote:When I was using the 1.01 of Wild Media Server under Win XP everything worked fine and I did not have any trouble finding the WMS with my Samsung LE40B650 TV. When I switched to Windows 7 I installed version 1.03 and activated the licence from start. And now the TV has real trouble finding the WMS. When I start the TV and the WMS, I usually have to restart the server several times before it is found by the TV. If I only start it once I can only wait and hope that it will be found sometimes. I currently checked this out and it was found after about 15 minutes. When I search for the TV set in the WMS application it is found immediately. When I activate home network under Windows 7 for sharing media, the PC is found right away on the TV set. At least once the WMS is found, it is working without any problem. It seems to me to be some kind of trouble with broadcasting the availability of the WMS and/or the permission to accept the WMS.

At the moment I'm really frustrated with the situation and it's really harrasing me. Cause it's basically not possible to spontaneously see a movie via DLNA. :(
Turn off firewall, check work, check firewall rules, turn on firewall.
If you are running Windows Media Sharing, stop on the time of checking.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Eugene wrote:Turn off firewall, check work, check firewall rules, turn on firewall.
I already checked if the firewall is causing the problem and turned it off together with Virusscanner and ThreatFire. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Windows Media Sharing is also stopped all the time.
lecureuil

Post by lecureuil »

switch off and on your tv after restarting WMS. and wait one couple of minutes before enable media watching on your samsung tv.
samsung UE40D6530 + Yamaha RXV 465 + WHS PP3 2t°(data)+ Sagetv server
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Mike wrote:
Eugene wrote:Turn off firewall, check work, check firewall rules, turn on firewall.
I already checked if the firewall is causing the problem and turned it off together with Virusscanner and ThreatFire. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Windows Media Sharing is also stopped all the time.
Settings - Additional - turn on Debug log, Ok.
Exit Program, Start Program, Start Server, check server availability on TV, Settings - Additional - View log file. Save log file, attach a log file in archive on forum or send to support@wildmediaserver.com.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »