Videos seem to be playing back with low fps...

pdawg17

Videos seem to be playing back with low fps...

Post by pdawg17 »

The way I can describe it is that everything seems a little choppy like a video game with slightly low fps...it's especially noticeable when the scene is panning...it is not choppy like if the cpu cannot keep up with the transcoding needs...just slightly slow looking...my settings are set to 29.997fps...any other ideas?
Eugene

Re: Videos seem to be playing back with low fps...

Post by Eugene »

pdawg17 wrote:The way I can describe it is that everything seems a little choppy like a video game with slightly low fps...it's especially noticeable when the scene is panning...it is not choppy like if the cpu cannot keep up with the transcoding needs...just slightly slow looking...my settings are set to 29.997fps...any other ideas?
Right-click in the list of films you can perform transcoding test, what transcoding speed (fps)?
pdawg17

Re: Videos seem to be playing back with low fps...

Post by pdawg17 »

Eugene wrote:
pdawg17 wrote:The way I can describe it is that everything seems a little choppy like a video game with slightly low fps...it's especially noticeable when the scene is panning...it is not choppy like if the cpu cannot keep up with the transcoding needs...just slightly slow looking...my settings are set to 29.997fps...any other ideas?
Right-click in the list of films you can perform transcoding test, what transcoding speed (fps)?
Thanks for the reply...fps (listed after "frame") hovers around 70...one thing to note though is that when the test starts it says "seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 47.95 (48000/1001) -> 24.00 (24/1)...is there a setting I should check?

Btw...the slight choppiness is more evident on my Directv box...when I play the same file on my PS3 it looks smoother...is that because it does not need to be transcoded (it is an mkv file)?