Oppo bdp-93

wesslan

Oppo bdp-93

Post by wesslan »

Anyone used WMS on Oppo bdp-93 yet? Used the trial and it worked pretty good. Played almost all my files (avi/m2ts/mkv with DD/DTS/AAC/AC3) without problem. Not sure about what the optimum settings are though since the 93 can pretty much decode all formats already and does it very good so I would like the best "no transcoding" setting om WMS if anyone can give some hints.

Is it better to start a default profile and manual change settings to my liking or should I choose a profile that seems to match my device? And last question, Oppos default subtitles is ugly as hell even when the files have nice looking ass/srt. Is there any way to have WMS to use a better font?
epelic

Re: Oppo bdp-93

Post by epelic »

Hello. I am new to the forum. I think WMS is a great product.

I recently purchased an Oppo BDP-93 and am experiencing the same issues when playing .mpeg video (no transcoding) ... no total time, fast forward limited to 2x. I used the generic DLNA Device (version 1.5, 16:9, 720x406).

Your post indicates:

I also have the Oppo BDP-93 and have been trying out WMS. I used the PS3 profile to begin with but noticed that all my MKVs were played through the MPEG container. They worked, but when played (no transcoding) did not display how long the movie was (which resulted in chapters not working) and fast forward only at max 2X. I created a new default DLNA profile and added all the containers to it and now all files are played properly with ability to jump through chapters and fast forwarding at higher speeds.

Can you please explain what exactly you did when you added all the containers? I don't understand what containers you added and their settings.

Thank you.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello,

Maybe useful: if User-Agent of Oppo bdp-93 is "IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50", you can try the device configuration "Philips BD Player (UPnP, 16:9, 720x406)"
epelic

Post by epelic »

Thank you! I upgraded WMS (from 1.11.3 to 1.11.5) which provided the Phillips BD player profile to be selected. Using this profile the video playback works as desired (total time, fast forward up to 5x, goto specific time in video). I have not yet had time to re-test all other aspects (pictures, music), but it appears this is the solution! :D

While editing the settings (to set the embedded file types), I noted that the DLNA checkboxes are not checked with this profile. I know the Oppo BDP-93 supports DLNA 1.5. Should I check the DLNA 1.5 box in the settings?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

epelic wrote: While editing the settings (to set the embedded file types), I noted that the DLNA checkboxes are not checked with this profile. I know the Oppo BDP-93 supports DLNA 1.5. Should I check the DLNA 1.5 box in the settings?
Philips BD Player also "supports" DLNA 1.5 (but no thumbnails, no any metadata from server, very strange navigation :) ).
For sure, you can try.
countryboy

Post by countryboy »

So is everyone using the "Philips BD Player (UPnP, 16:9, 720x406)" with DLNA 1.5 checked or "Samsung BD Player (DLNA, 16:9, 720x406)" with DLNA 1.5 checked http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... it=oppo+93 ?

It's too bad there's not a Profile for the Oppo 93 since it's a very popular Blu-ray player any chance of that happening Eugene?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »