File sort order in Panasonic TVs

antti

File sort order in Panasonic TVs

Post by antti »

Hi,

Someone already mentioned this issue in the Sony thread, but since it seems to remain unsolved, I bring it up here too--just to point out that it wasn't just an individual anomaly and also in hopes of catching the attention of some Panasonic owner who have found the solution.

The problem is that everything (music, videos, photos, and even folders) is sorted according to the file creation/modification date when I access WMS from my TV (TX-P46G20ES). Obviously, I'd like to have everything in alphabetical order instead. I am pretty sure that the TV does not have a feature to switch the order. I believe I've browsed through all the menus and pushed all the possible buttons in the remote.

I also have a Denon AV receiver, which shows everything correctly in alphabetical order (but I need the TV for the videos).

Thanks for the otherwise great software,
-Antti
robert72

Re: File sort order in Panasonic TVs

Post by robert72 »

I have the same problem. Any solution? Thank you, Daniele.
maxbec

Post by maxbec »

Hi All,

I have a panny P58VT20A and another 2 tv's with WDTV Live's which the later has no problems with this software.

The Panny I am having the similar issues with the sorting functions as mentioned in this post and others. I am using the Sony TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1920x1080) profile as it seems to work the best. The sorting is not by title alphabetically but by the created date and this applies to folders, database movies, music, photos, etc. I have created a A-Z and file type folder structure by script to minimize selections when searching but even this is all over the place and not really searchable. I have a large movie db (+600 movies) and music db is large as well which unfortunately makes the WMS software due to the sorting issue impossible and useless with this tv setup. I have had no problems with other DLNA software and sorting by title alphabetically.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue or a way around it?
If not can WMS offer a resolution via patch or script to overcome this issue? as it is a problem between the Panny and WMS?

WMS would be my choice of DLNA server so I would really like to use it if the issue can be resolved

any help appreciated and thanks in advance
maxbec

Post by maxbec »

thanks for the reply fbilgrami

I am not sure I understand I basically moved all the files and deleted folders from WMS. I then restarted WMS.
when you say you moved the files are you talking about on the hard drive locations or within WMS. If it is the drive location I assume it has a new modified date so helps with sorting..I have had a go but not sorting as you described.

it seems you have found a compromise but it looses a lot of the functions from my limited knowledge of your fix. I have got it set the way I need it to be now except for the sorting...frustrating

Did you ever get any response from WMS support?

I read in another post that it worked in an earlier version 1.02 I think..

Hopefully WMS will have a go at rectifying...my trial ends soon...

thanks again
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,

Update to version 1.10.1 - http://www.wildmediaserver.com/forum/vi ... &f=3#p6678

- changes for Panasonic devices (subtitles, settings for UPnP-sorting - Settings - Devices - choose a device - Additional - "DLNA, UPnP options");

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Additional - "DLNA, UPnP options" - Sorting - dc:title - Ok - Ok - "Restart server"

probably help
maxbec

Post by maxbec »

Hi All

After using WMS on a panny I was having major issues with the sorting by date and not title prior to version 1.10 which made using WMS practically impossible and very frustrating. I have recently tried version 1.11 trial and can confirm if dc:title is used, WMS now works perfectly on my Panny

great job!!!!! :D :D :D

Settings - Devices - choose a device - Additional - "DLNA, UPnP options" - Sorting - dc:title - Ok - Ok - "Restart server"