Anybody Try Asus OPlay with Wild-Media-Server

weaver4

Anybody Try Asus OPlay with Wild-Media-Server

Post by weaver4 »

Thinking of getting rid of my Popcorn Hour and getting another WDTV-Live box or a Asus OPlay.

Anyone try WMS with the OPlay?
davel

Re: Anybody Try Asus OPlay with Wild-Media-Server

Post by davel »

I have one, but no luck yet getting any streaming audio across to it (internetradio). Running FW V 1.18N
Trying to stream mp3 via vlc to it, all other renderers work ok with the same config, still testing other options but I think its FW is still a WIP.

It does rather well on its own playing video via network shares.
1x WDTV Live (FW 1.01.24)
1x O!Play HDP-R1 FW 1.18N
2x SMCWAA-G EZ Stream (never updated)
1x Dlink DSM-520 Media Lounge (FW 1.06 ,replaced by the WDTV Live)
davel

Post by davel »

Well with a brand new Win7 install, and fresh WMS install, I was able to get streaming to the O!play, no trans-coding profiles selected for the units ip address. I had messed around with the other win2k3 machine so much never could really get it to work, but with the new platform its different. And I sure its of my own doing.
1x WDTV Live (FW 1.01.24)
1x O!Play HDP-R1 FW 1.18N
2x SMCWAA-G EZ Stream (never updated)
1x Dlink DSM-520 Media Lounge (FW 1.06 ,replaced by the WDTV Live)
Shadowraven

Post by Shadowraven »

davel wrote:Well with a brand new Win7 install, and fresh WMS install, I was able to get streaming to the O!play, no trans-coding profiles selected for the units ip address. I had messed around with the other win2k3 machine so much never could really get it to work, but with the new platform its different. And I sure its of my own doing.

A bump to this thread. My O!Play won't play any internet streams that I have on the WMS. It comes up with Invalid File.
wolfydog

Post by wolfydog »

i don't know wich one i have to choose. The type media device player.
czhar

Post by czhar »

I have O!Play Air device. I dont know, what I'm doing wrong, but I can not play any video from WMS, which it can't be played directly from storage device (Video files, Internet TV, Podcasts...). Player only shows error "Invalid file". Please, can anybody help me?

Sorry about my English...
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Try "Dune Media Player (UPnP, 16:9, 720x406)"
rickymartin

Post by rickymartin »

Which profile are you using? (Ktery profil jsis navolil v WMS? Pouzivas licencovanou verzi nebo demo?)
czhar wrote:I have O!Play Air device. I dont know, what I'm doing wrong, but I can not play any video from WMS, which it can't be played directly from storage device (Video files, Internet TV, Podcasts...). Player only shows error "Invalid file". Please, can anybody help me?

Sorry about my English...
czhar

Post by czhar »

I'm trying to use any profile. Transcoding tests are without any errors. At VLC media play's, but on device..... I have a licenced version.
(Zkoušel jsem používat snad všechny profily. Testy překódování chodí bez chyby, ve VLC jdou videa přehrát, ale v zařízení to končí chybou. Vlastním licencovanou verzi.)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

You purchased the licence with
but I can not play any video from WMS
?