WMS with TX-P46GW20

Schariez

WMS with TX-P46GW20

Post by Schariez »

Hy,

I got the trial version of WMS some days ago because my PS3 media server did not allow pause and fast-forward.
But with the WMS I have a sound problem. I have an mkv file with german sound (dts 5.1). The PS3 media player ist able to stream with TSmuxer transcoding the sound in 5.1 correct to my device (Denon 2809) and I have all codecs needed on my PC (AMD quadcore 3,1 GHz, 4 GB RAM).

Yesterday I tried to watch the same mkv file with the WMS. I´m able to see all correct but the sound ist only in stereo. Is there an option that I have not seen to say the WMS that the sound should be 5.1 ? I look into the datasheet on your website where the input and output possibilities are listed but I´m not able to get it running. I tried every transcoding profil but nothing helps and some profils are not able to run the film, fore exampel >movies - TSmuxer<.

I use the configfile from the Viera TX-P42G20E from your site.

Regards

Thorsten
Eugene

Re: WMS with TX-P46GW20

Post by Eugene »

Schariez wrote: Yesterday I tried to watch the same mkv file with the WMS. I´m able to see all correct but the sound ist only in stereo. Is there an option that I have not seen to say the WMS that the sound should be 5.1 ? I look into the datasheet on your website where the input and output possibilities are listed but I´m not able to get it running. I tried every transcoding profil but nothing helps and some profils are not able to run the film, fore exampel >movies - TSmuxer<.
Settings - Transcoder - "Codecs, frame" - Channel quantity
Schariez wrote: I use the configfile from the Viera TX-P42G20E from your site.
You can also try "DLNA Device (version 1.5, 16:9, 720x406)" or "DLNA Device (version 1.0, 16:9, 720x406)"
Schariez

Post by Schariez »

Thank you, the sound works !

Is it possibel that the media server decides by it self wich profil is nedded for transcoding ?
My big films (mkv) work fine without using a profil, but the films from my digital cam (mov) did not run. I tried most of the profils but I can´t see the films on my TV.

Regards

Thorsten
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Schariez wrote: Is it possibel that the media server decides by it self wich profil is nedded for transcoding ?
My big films (mkv) work fine without using a profil, but the films from my digital cam (mov) did not run. I tried most of the profils but I can´t see the films on my TV.
If you find a transcoding profile, that works for your TV, then it can be set to transcode mov-files (Settings - "File types" - mov - edit - Transcoding profile)