LG 55LE8500

gogovich

LG 55LE8500

Post by gogovich »

Hi there,

first of all, many thanks for a great job on WMS. Just keep going. .)

On my LG LE8500 works fine almost everything, mkv 1080p with AC3 plays nicely without transcoding.
But LE8500 cannot play DTS sound and I didn't figure out how to set Wild Media Server to send MKV video stream (MPEG stream) WITHOUT transcoding and TRANSCODE only audio stream from DTS to, let's say, AC3. Is there a such possibility?

And then, making LG LE 8500 profile in WMS would be great.

Thanks,

Gogo Gogovich
Eugene

Re: LG 55LE8500

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
gogovich wrote: On my LG LE8500 works fine almost everything, mkv 1080p with AC3 plays nicely without transcoding.
But LE8500 cannot play DTS sound and I didn't figure out how to set Wild Media Server to send MKV video stream (MPEG stream) WITHOUT transcoding and TRANSCODE only audio stream from DTS to, let's say, AC3. Is there a such possibility?
Samsung TV (DLNA, 16:9, 1280x720)
Settings - "File types"
dts2.JPG
dts2.JPG (100.61 KiB) Viewed 17386 times
You can make a similar settings
gogovich

Post by gogovich »

Thanks Eugene.

Yep, I tried that.
After several hours .) I ended with precisely same picture - Samsung profile and DCA in M2TS and MKV sets to Movies-TsMuxer.

But TV don't play, saying Unsupported File Format error. But in original subfolder of the movie ( (o)_moviename ) MKV and M2TS play fine. Without audio of course, but still can play video stream.

Maybe I have wrong transcoder setup - which transcoding profile should I set in TRANSCODER settings and which in the INDIVIDUAL CLIENT DEVICE settings?
I reckon that INDIVIDUAL CLIENT DEVICE setting overrides generic TRANSCODER settings, is that true?
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

gogovich wrote: Yep, I tried that.
After several hours .) I ended with precisely same picture - Samsung profile and DCA in M2TS and MKV sets to Movies-TsMuxer.

But TV don't play, saying Unsupported File Format error. But in original subfolder of the movie ( (o)_moviename ) MKV and M2TS play fine. Without audio of course, but still can play video stream.

Maybe I have wrong transcoder setup - which transcoding profile should I set in TRANSCODER settings and which in the INDIVIDUAL CLIENT DEVICE settings?
I reckon that INDIVIDUAL CLIENT DEVICE setting overrides generic TRANSCODER settings, is that true?
Settings - Server - choose device - Edit - Settings - File types.
If you chose the transcoding profile in folder Settings (via navigation), may be a problem with it.
Have you tried to play files that are created after the test transcoding?
amir hezarkhani

Post by amir hezarkhani »

Eugene wrote:

If you chose the transcoding profile in folder Settings (via navigation), may be a problem with it.
I have same problem with LE8500 and WMS, I tired all setting of transcoding but didn't solve my problem "Unsupported File Format error" then I followed upside dialoges and I tired to play output of test transcoding and TV played correctly through WMS ,so I have problem with live transcoding
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

amir hezarkhani wrote:
Eugene wrote:

I have same problem with LE8500 and WMS, I tired all setting of transcoding but didn't solve my problem "Unsupported File Format error" then I followed upside dialoges and I tired to play output of test transcoding and TV played correctly through WMS ,so I have problem with live transcoding
You can increase the size of the transcoded file for transfer start (Settings - Transcoder - "Transcoding file params" - Movies - "File size for transfer start" - try 50000) or decrease the maximum size of the file, probably in the TV there is a limit.
amir hezarkhani

Eugene wrote:
You can increase the size of the transcoded file for transfer start (Settings - Transcoder - "Transcoding file params" - Movies - "File size for transfer start" - try 50000) or decrease the maximum size of the file, probably in the TV there is a limit.
first of everything, Thanks for on time response
I changed setting as your instruction and was solved my problem,many thanks for your accurate guideline
but I have a new problem in transcoding of MKV files with DTS. my TV don't supports DTS codec.
when I play MKV files with DTS through flash disk, TV show a message " audio codec not support" and play movie as mute .but when I play same file through WMS, movie are played as mute without any message
please help me for solving this problem
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

amir hezarkhani

Dear Eugene
I viewed this topic before, and I have selected same device and file type are as if picture of topic completely :shock:
but I have problem for playing MKV file with DTS sound too :cry:
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

amir hezarkhani wrote:
I viewed this topic before, and I have selected same device and file type are as if picture of topic completely :shock:
but I have problem for playing MKV file with DTS sound too :cry:
WMS: List [Movies] - select a file - right click - "Transcoding profile" - "Movies - TsMuxer" - right click - "Test transcoding" - check playback on TV