Samsung Wave S8500 (BadaOS)

KingNothing

Samsung Wave S8500 (BadaOS)

Post by KingNothing »

Hi,
I have just bought a Samsung Wave S8500, that run with the Samsung Operating System BadaOS.
This mobile phone has DLNA support.
But I don't see Wild Media Server available in DLNA section of my phone (I see Windows 7 Media Server instead).
Have you any idea to solve the problem ?
Suso

Re: Samsung Wave S8500 (BadaOS)

Post by Suso »

Maybe it's too late for you, KingNothing but I ope this will hepl other people with he same device.

I've been playing for a week with the WMS parameters and I haven't found better configuration that the one I attach.

I've found that for be able to see the device in the WMS list when you do a search, the mobile has to be in the Allshare option looking for servers. Anyway, you can add it manualy with the IP and Mac.

This configuration works fine with movies, photos and music.. There's only a problem with the movies I haven't been able to sort out: when the movie has subtitles ( when it needs transcoding, in fact ) the option to go forward or back using the progress bar doesn't work so you have to use the the transcoding folders - interval.

I've done this tests wiith an old computer and the Wave's OS was BADA 1.0 so It might work ok with a good computer and/or new Bada versions.
Attachments
Samsung Wave.zip
Samsung Wave config
(3.04 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
Eugene

Re: Samsung Wave S8500 (BadaOS)

Post by Eugene »