SopCast

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
Eugene

Re: SopCast again

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
trevorsem wrote: Finally got around to following your instructions in running SopCast.

When I run SopCast within Internet Television, I get "playback not possible", WMS program crashes and needs to be restarted to bring the server back on-line.

I have the latest release loaded on my PC and have rebooted several times just in case.

Any ideas please?
Sopcast player works ?
trevorsem

Post by trevorsem »

Yes, SopCast player works fine.

I followed the script word for word.
trevorsem

Post by trevorsem »

If I click on my created SopCast Channels button I get the error message of

Cannot create file C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Temp\sopchannels.xml The system cannot find the path specified

Regards
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

trevorsem wrote:Yes, SopCast player works fine.

I followed the script word for word.
trevorsem wrote:If I click on my created SopCast Channels button I get the error message of

Cannot create file C:\Users\Trevor\AppData\Temp\sopchannels.xml The system cannot find the path specified

Regards
Perhaps limited network activity WMS. I have no problem with loading the channel list, and I find it hard to say something to work SopCast filter, in my opinion is very unstable.
addy

Re: SopCast

Post by addy »

Hi Eugene,

Yiou were saying that you were going to unload the Sopcast filter when closing transcoding... Did you manage to incuded in your later updates?

/Adrian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi, Adrian,
addy wrote:
Yiou were saying that you were going to unload the Sopcast filter when closing transcoding... Did you manage to incuded in your later updates?
Yes, you can replace

Code: Select all

if WmsDirectShowAddSource(InputFileName, 'Source') = S_OK then begin
on

if WmsDirectShowLoadFilter('C:\Program Files\P2PFilter\p2pfilter.dll', '{A895A82C-7335-4D6B-A811-82E9E3C4403E}', 'Source', True) = S_OK then begin
    WmsDirectShowSetFileName('Source', InputFileName);  
But, unfortunately, unloading the filter causes an error and the program quits.
twosheds

Post by twosheds »

I've had WMS running successfully with Sopcast under both Vista and Windows 7 but now I find that the server stops working when I click on 'Test Transcoder' . I think that this started when I upgraded to v 0.73rc1. I've taken the following steps with no success after each step.

1 Uninstalled v 0.73rc1 and reinstalled v 0.72
2 Uninstalled Sopcast & SopFilter and then reinstalled SopFilter.
3 Installed Sopcast.
4 Uninstalled Sopcast & Sopfilter & then installed sopcast first followed by sopfilter.
5 Installed v 0.73rc3
6 Unistalled WMS, sopcast & sopfilter and re-installed sopcast,wms v 0.72 and sopfilter in that order. I did this since this was the original order in which they were installed)

I've had no problems playing channels with Sopcast throughout and WMS works well other than in combination with SopFilter.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong or what I might try to correct this problem and get WMS working with SopFilter again ?
pepelucio

Post by pepelucio »

Hi !

This is the best DLNA Server.

But, with Sopcast I've a little problem. I've do all steps one for one, but don't work. The Sopcast only work if I open Sopcast, select a channel and connect. The channel list is not working. In the attached file, you can see the status of test transcoding.

Thanks
Attachments
status.JPG
status.JPG (121.19 KiB) Viewed 26077 times
flc

Post by flc »

Eugene wrote:1. Download and install SopCast SopFilter 3.0.3 (http://www.sopcast.com/download/)
2. Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-Add
Name: Internet-television (SopCast)
Execute mode: Transcoding
Language: PascalScript
Transcoding parameters:

var
  sTranscoderParams: string; 
begin
  if WmsDirectShowAddSource(InputFileName, 'Source') = S_OK then begin
    mpInternetItem := False;
    sTranscoderParams := WmsTranscodingProfileParams('Movies (primary)') + ' "<OUTPUT FILE>"';
    TranscodingResult := WmsTranscodingExecute('WMSMPEG', sTranscoderParams, True,
                                 'http://localhost:8902/tv.asf', OutputFileName)
  end else                 
    TranscodingResult := False
end.
3. Ok-Ok-Ok
4. Select folder "Internet-televison", on right button mouse in List [Movies] - Add link
5. In field "Path": sop://....,
6. Ok
7. On right button mouse - Transcoding profile "Internet-Television (SopCast)"
8. On right button mouse - Test transcoding
It's not possible to use paste and copy in wild media server. :(
I must to write all so you have another solution :?:
twosheds

Post by twosheds »

Typing one or two characters into the text box ( and then deleting them) enables 'paste' on the drop-down context menu so you can paste eugene's code straight into the textbox.