SopCast

Internet TV, Radio, Podcasts
Eugene

Re: SopCast

Post by Eugene »

ha100 wrote:Testtranscoding working now. I think it had to be enabled in Windows Media Player first or something . Streaming to tv or PS3 still not working though.
Perhaps it was necessary to wait for the video stream or get an error message?
addy

Post by addy »

You have managed to create a wonderful media server. It's the first one I see capable to stream Sopcast channels so I am very thankful!!!

Regarding the streaming I have observed that sometimes the WMS server does not close the streaming channel and after a while I can end with having WMS process downloading several channels.. I see on the PC a very high network trafic which comes to zero when a close the server. Many times the streaming on my TV is closed and I have to restart the streaming so I guess that that thread is still downloading on the server. Because of that I have to check all the time the network traffic and restsrt the WMS server if it gets too high...

I also received on my TV set codec not supported every time I want to start the streaming but it works when I start it again.

Regards,
Adrian
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

addy wrote: Regarding the streaming I have observed that sometimes the WMS server does not close the streaming channel and after a while I can end with having WMS process downloading several channels..

I see on the PC a very high network trafic which comes to zero when a close the server. Many times the streaming on my TV is closed and I have to restart the streaming so I guess that that thread is still downloading on the server. Because of that I have to check all the time the network traffic and restsrt the WMS server if it gets too high...
I hardly familiar with the work SopCast filter, after unloading filter p2pfilter.dll remains in the process and tcpview shows opening the connection, is bad, but perhaps this is connected with the principles of SopCast. It is better to use a separate application for a stream, but at the moment I do not know any other way.
addy wrote: I also received on my TV set codec not supported every time I want to start the streaming but it works when I start it again.
Settings-Transcoder-Transcoding file params-Internet-television - try increase "File size for start transfer"
addy

Post by addy »

Thank you for your quick replay!!!

Eugene wrote:
addy wrote: I hardly familiar with the work SopCast filter, after unloading filter p2pfilter.dll remains in the process and tcpview shows opening the connection, is bad, but perhaps this is connected with the principles of SopCast. It is better to use a separate application for a stream, but at the moment I do not know any other way.
Isn't that possible to retrict the number of times the filter can be loaded, in other words reuse the already loaded filter if there is a request for a new channel. Or kill it if it's not used for a while, as you do with the transcoding activity.
addy wrote: Settings-Transcoder-Transcoding file params-Internet-television - try increase "File size for start transfer"
I was experimenting with the size but no luck. It wouldn't be a very big problem if you could find a way to kill the unused p2pfilter.dll.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

addy wrote:Thank you for your quick replay!!!

Eugene wrote:
addy wrote: I hardly familiar with the work SopCast filter, after unloading filter p2pfilter.dll remains in the process and tcpview shows opening the connection, is bad, but perhaps this is connected with the principles of SopCast. It is better to use a separate application for a stream, but at the moment I do not know any other way.
Isn't that possible to retrict the number of times the filter can be loaded, in other words reuse the already loaded filter if there is a request for a new channel. Or kill it if it's not used for a while, as you do with the transcoding activity.
addy wrote: Settings-Transcoder-Transcoding file params-Internet-television - try increase "File size for start transfer"
I was experimenting with the size but no luck. It wouldn't be a very big problem if you could find a way to kill the unused p2pfilter.dll.
I did the unloading of modules that were loaded with WmsDirectShowLoadFilter, will be in the next update.
addy

Post by addy »

Great! Thank You!
:D
Br
/Adrian
dakky21

Post by dakky21 »

Hey, when I try to play Sopcast on my Samsung TV, it starts nicely but after 20 secs or so stops.

Test transcoder gives this message:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wild Media Server
\wmsmpeg.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -Idummy --language=e
n --sout-ffmpeg-strict-rc --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=50000,fps=24,width=46
4,height=576,scale=1,vfilter=croppadd{paddleft=128,paddright=128,paddtop=0,paddb
ottom=0},aspect=16:9,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:duplicate{d
st=std{access=file,mux=ps,dst="I:\TRANSC~1\WmsTemp\Test_4e7747a069eb15a0e838f4be
a1a76bff.mpg"}} "http://127.0.0.1:8902/"
[0x283cf2c] dummy interface: VLC media player - version 1.0.2 Goldeneye - (c) 19
96-2009 the VideoLAN team
[0x283cf2c] dummy interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go to
the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I qt"

[0x283cf2c] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
[0x2869954] mux_ps mux: Open
warning: first frame is no keyframe
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow.........
And the resolution on the TV is crippled, the transcoded file is also crippled, I mean it gives me a file with 2-3 minutes of playing compressed into 2 MB file, and VLC says it has 50kbit bitrate and resolution 720x576, the transcoded picture on both TV and PC is very bad...

What are the good parameters for Transcoder and where do I input them?

As you can see from above message, the VLC is transcoding with "WIDTH=464" and then the picture is shrinked... and bitrate also too low, input stream is around 1300kbit/s...

Thanks
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
dakky21 wrote:Hey, when I try to play Sopcast on my Samsung TV, it starts nicely but after 20 secs or so stops.

Test transcoder gives this message:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wild Media Server
\wmsmpeg.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -Idummy --language=e
n --sout-ffmpeg-strict-rc --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=50000,fps=24,width=46
4,height=576,scale=1,vfilter=croppadd{paddleft=128,paddright=128,paddtop=0,paddb
ottom=0},aspect=16:9,acodec=mpga,ab=192,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:duplicate{d
st=std{access=file,mux=ps,dst="I:\TRANSC~1\WmsTemp\Test_4e7747a069eb15a0e838f4be
a1a76bff.mpg"}} "http://127.0.0.1:8902/"
[0x283cf2c] dummy interface: VLC media player - version 1.0.2 Goldeneye - (c) 19
96-2009 the VideoLAN team
[0x283cf2c] dummy interface:
Warning: if you can't access the GUI anymore, open a command-line window, go to
the directory where you installed VLC and run "vlc -I qt"

[0x283cf2c] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
[0x2869954] mux_ps mux: Open
warning: first frame is no keyframe
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow
rc buffer underflow.........
And the resolution on the TV is crippled, the transcoded file is also crippled, I mean it gives me a file with 2-3 minutes of playing compressed into 2 MB file, and VLC says it has 50kbit bitrate and resolution 720x576, the transcoded picture on both TV and PC is very bad...

What are the good parameters for Transcoder and where do I input them?

As you can see from above message, the VLC is transcoding with "WIDTH=464" and then the picture is shrinked... and bitrate also too low, input stream is around 1300kbit/s...

Thanks
In the original profile is not used VLC transcoding.
You can try to transcoding profile "Internet-television (Input stream)" (VLC), via test transcoding create a file input stream (I think wmv) and try to play on your TV. If you play, then Settngs-Transcoder-Profiles, you can create a copy of "Internet-television (Input stream)", edit new profile, select the mime-type video/x-ms-wmv. For a channel select a new profile transcoding. Probably will play on TV.
dakky21

Post by dakky21 »

Hey, I've managed to change transcoder properties to 4:3, always change, and resolution 720x576, but that is a 4:3 resolution, and on my 16:9 TV it has black bars left and right.

I want to transcode it to a wide-screen resolution, like 1280x720, despite the fact it will ruin the picture greatly.

Is there a way to apply CROP to preserve aspect-ratio and have a stream full-screen ?

Thanks!!!!!!
trevorsem

SopCast again

Post by trevorsem »

Hi Eugene,

Finally got around to following your instructions in running SopCast.

When I run SopCast within Internet Television, I get "playback not possible", WMS program crashes and needs to be restarted to bring the server back on-line.

I have the latest release loaded on my PC and have rebooted several times just in case.

Any ideas please?