LG PK750 - AC3

kino71

LG PK750 - AC3

Post by kino71 »

Hello,
Among all the dlna servers I tried so far, wild media server is by far the most complete.
I'm streaming mkv from a windows box to my lg 60pk750. The TV digital optical output is connected to a amplifier that can handle ac3 dolby digital.
If I stream through wild media server, the amplifier receive a dolby pro-logic audio stream. If I connect a usb hd to the tv and stream the same file, the amplifier receive an ac3 dolby digital audio stream.

I've selected AC3 in "transcoder->codecs, frame". Actually I've tried all the options.

Any hints ?

Thanks
Eugene

Re: LG PK750 - AC3

Post by Eugene »

Hello,
kino71 wrote: Among all the dlna servers I tried so far, wild media server is by far the most complete.
I'm streaming mkv from a windows box to my lg 60pk750. The TV digital optical output is connected to a amplifier that can handle ac3 dolby digital.
If I stream through wild media server, the amplifier receive a dolby pro-logic audio stream. If I connect a usb hd to the tv and stream the same file, the amplifier receive an ac3 dolby digital audio stream.

I've selected AC3 in "transcoder->codecs, frame". Actually I've tried all the options.
Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - add mkv to the list of supported
or
Settings - Server - "The list of allowed client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "Embedded file support"
kino71

Post by kino71 »

Eugene wrote:
Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - add mkv to the list of supported
or
Settings - Server - "The list of allowed client devices" - choose a device - Edit - Settings - "Embedded file support"
Thanks for your prompt reply, I'll try that tonight.

cheers
Franco
kino71

Post by kino71 »

Eugene wrote: Settings - Device - "Embedded file support" - Movies - add mkv to the list of supported
or
mkv was already among those supported.
I have the impression that somehow the tv itself downmix dlna stuffs.

I'll try asking LG support.

Thanks