Playing ISO files in the WDTV Live

eucyblues

Playing ISO files in the WDTV Live

Post by eucyblues »

Hi - in the latest release firmware, the WD now plays iso files directly with menu support and navigation - I find that when trying this with the Wild server, it expands the iso files into the constituent VOB files and the WD then loses the menu support. The 'jump to next/previous' is also VERY slow compared to using it thru network share. I've placed iso in the embedded file support but it made no difference -

The DVD menu and navigation is a long awaited feature so it needs to be supported in this server - what is the solution to this?? :?:
Eugene

Re: Playing ISO files in the WDTV Live

Post by Eugene »

Hi,
eucyblues wrote:Hi - in the latest release firmware, the WD now plays iso files directly with menu support and navigation - I find that when trying this with the Wild server, it expands the iso files into the constituent VOB files and the WD then loses the menu support. The 'jump to next/previous' is also VERY slow compared to using it thru network share. I've placed iso in the embedded file support but it made no difference -

The DVD menu and navigation is a long awaited feature so it needs to be supported in this server - what is the solution to this?? :?:
I will check, but I think it only works with direct access to the iso-file
Eugene

Re: Playing ISO files in the WDTV Live

Post by Eugene »

The result is negative, WDTVLive not perceive the resource as iso-file