choppy un-watchable playback

midgo

choppy un-watchable playback

Post by midgo »

Been using WMS for ages now and never had a problem, recently i updated to a trial version and this expired so i purchased a copy.

Since installing the new version i get choppy playback on my ps3 when i try and play mkv files, these files always played fine before and if I watch through my Samsung TV still do. I was wondering if this was down to a codec installed on my machine and was thinking of reformatting and reinstalling but thought I'd ask on here 1st.

Also if it is down to a codec and I do have to reformat will the system codes I entered when I purchased the software still be valid?

Thanks in advance
Ian
Eugene

Re: choppy un-watchable playback

Post by Eugene »

midgo wrote:Been using WMS for ages now and never had a problem, recently i updated to a trial version and this expired so i purchased a copy.

Since installing the new version i get choppy playback on my ps3 when i try and play mkv files, these files always played fine before and if I watch through my Samsung TV still do. I was wondering if this was down to a codec installed on my machine and was thinking of reformatting and reinstalling but thought I'd ask on here 1st.
What file format shows PS3 in info ?
midgo wrote: Also if it is down to a codec and I do have to reformat will the system codes I entered when I purchased the software still be valid?
Registration does not depend on the computer.
midgo

Post by midgo »

thanks for the fast reply they show as MPEG-2 and MPEG-2 TS its as though they just keep stopping then starting then stopping then starting well i'm sure you get what i'm saying.

Thanks again and look forward to having smooth playback back :)
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

midgo wrote:thanks for the fast reply they show as MPEG-2 and MPEG-2 TS its as though they just keep stopping then starting then stopping then starting well i'm sure you get what i'm saying.

Thanks again and look forward to having smooth playback back :)
The video codec has to be H264(AVC), maybe you turn on subtitles and video transcoding now.