What about two boxes?

weaver4

What about two boxes?

Post by weaver4 »

I have WDTV-Live box that I set up with WildMS, but my popcorn hour A-100 can not connect to the server now. Is it possible to use WildMS on two different types of media boxes? How do I set it up?
Eugene

Re: What about two boxes?

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I have WDTV-Live box that I set up with WildMS, but my popcorn hour A-100 can not connect to the server now. Is it possible to use WildMS on two different types of media boxes? How do I set it up?
In the "A list of allowed client devices" (Settings-Server) on the Search button to add your devices (2). For each device, select device configuration. For the popcorn hour A-100, try the default configuration.
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

I tried the default configuration and it did not connect.

I tried dlna 1.0 and 1.5 on the default configuration and it will not connect.

Error message is: Server Time Out

Popcorn hour will connect to:
Windows Media Server
PlayOn
Twonky Media Center.

Anything else you want me to try? Popcornhour is a pretty popular box here in the states so I would like to be able to help you get this working.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I tried the default configuration and it did not connect.

I tried dlna 1.0 and 1.5 on the default configuration and it will not connect.

Error message is: Server Time Out

Popcorn hour will connect to:
Windows Media Server
PlayOn
Twonky Media Center.

Anything else you want me to try? Popcornhour is a pretty popular box here in the states so I would like to be able to help you get this working.
Thanks, debug log can be enabled in Settings-Additional. Same place a debug log can be viewed. Examine yourself or attach to the archive on the forum or send to support@wildmediaserver.com.

P.S. Maybe try XBox device type.
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

The log file was too big to post here. I sent it to you in email.

The IP address for the popcornhour is 192.168.1.238 in the log file.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:The log file was too big to post here. I sent it to you in email.

The IP address for the popcornhour is 192.168.1.238 in the log file.
Thanks. At this point, I did not find any problems in the log. The device asks the upper level of the library, the server responds, that's all over. Try to turn on the HTTP 1.0 in the individual device settings (if used).
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

Hmm, I tried the Xbox and the list showed up, but nothing would play. It would try to play but after a few second it would go back to the list.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:Hmm, I tried the Xbox and the list showed up, but nothing would play. It would try to play but after a few second it would go back to the list.
If the ability to play WDTV and Popcorn approximately the same, select for Popcorn WDTV configuration and change type name to Popcorn XBOX.
weaver4

Post by weaver4 »

I tried using the wdtv-live configuration and renamed it to popcornhour, but it did not work. After about 2 minutes of waiting it finally says "Server Time Out"
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

weaver4 wrote:I tried using the wdtv-live configuration and renamed it to popcornhour, but it did not work. After about 2 minutes of waiting it finally says "Server Time Out"
Popcorn XBOX