Transcode MKV AC3 and maintain 5.1

ric9887

Transcode MKV AC3 and maintain 5.1

Post by ric9887 »

What setting do I need to use to transcode a MKV with an AC3 5.1 soundtrace to a 360 and maintain 5.1 audio, and is it possible to transcode an MKV with DTS and maintain the 6 channels.

I can transcode MKV files which have AC3 5.1 soundtrack, but I only get a 2.0 soundtrack on the 360.

Regards
Rich
Eugene

Re: Transcode MKV AC3 and maintain 5.1

Post by Eugene »

ric9887 wrote:What setting do I need to use to transcode a MKV with an AC3 5.1 soundtrace to a 360 and maintain 5.1 audio, and is it possible to transcode an MKV with DTS and maintain the 6 channels.

I can transcode MKV files which have AC3 5.1 soundtrack, but I only get a 2.0 soundtrack on the 360.
Transcoding profile "Movies - DirectShow - WMV" (chose on right click mouse "Transcoding profile"), but I checked his work now, there are problems.
Try this fix
Settings-Transcoder-Profiles-"Movies - DirectShow - WMV"-Edit-find

Code: Select all

if (WmsDirectShowAddFilter('PCM', 'Audio Decoder', '{33D9A761-90C8-11d0-BD43-00A0C911CE86}') <> S_OK) or 
     (WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Source', 'Audio Decoder', '', '', MEDIATYPE_Audio) <> S_OK) or
     (WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Audio Decoder', 'Audio Encoder', '', '') <> S_OK) then begin
    WmsDirectShowRemoveFilter('Audio Decoder');
    if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowAddFilter('ffdshow Audio Decoder', 'Audio Decoder')) then 
      Exit;
    if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Source', 'Audio Decoder', '', '', MEDIATYPE_Audio)) then
      Exit; 
    if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Audio Decoder', 'Audio Encoder', '', '')) then
      Exit;
  end;    
replace on

Code: Select all

if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowAddFilter('ffdshow Audio Decoder', 'Audio Decoder')) then 
    Exit;
  if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Source', 'Audio Decoder', '', '', MEDIATYPE_Audio)) then
    Exit; 
  if not CheckResult(WmsDirectShowConnectPin('Audio Decoder', 'Audio Encoder', '', '')) then
    Exit;