TOSHIBA

Kampaj

TOSHIBA

Post by Kampaj »

Could You to add to yours program devices list TVs of TOSHIBA? Models on 2010 have got a DLNA technology. I used the specifications for sony 1080p, but the movie lagged. Models with DLNA: RV733,XV733,SL733,VL733,WL753 and probambly ZV733(in plans of TOSHIBA). And model SV635 on 2009 cantain DLNA. Thank You in advance Kampaj
bubblegum

Re: TOSHIBA

Post by bubblegum »

Hi, the way I understand it, either your pc specs are not good enough to transcode quick enough, or you network connection is too slow.

WiFi will probably be too slow for HD movies. Try a network cable, or home plugs.

If my films lag, I press pause, this helps the transcoding. It might be worth a try.
winsox

Post by winsox »

Hi Kampaj, Im using a XV733 and its ok with HD files streaming to the Media Player in the set.

Im using a Quad core 955 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The demos Ive been using are all HD >

>>>Divx7 MKV "The Pink panther", "Star Trek" , Big Buck Bunny"..
>>>WMV "Storm Chases"
>>> MOV "The mist" , The Perfect Holiday

I used wild media server to scale them to 1920x 1080 as they are only 720p giving the option of native.

Where are you base By the way ?? ;-) Ome ?
Suso

Post by Suso »

I’d like to reopen this topic because I’ve been playing with the software for two weeks and I haven’t been able to solve this issues:

-Manage subtitles and audio language thru the TV. The TV manual shows this option when a movie is viewed on DLNA.

-Image size.

o If I select frame “ if original is greater”: Frame size 1280x720 (also tested with 640x360(.

 The image is stretched for most movies : I saw the topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233 but It didn’t work. This isn’t a big deal because I can change it thru the TV.
 Mkv files: Only sound then the file has two audio files. It’s strange but it’s the only difference I’ve found between files.
 Unable to play some avi files with a low resolution ( error showed on TV ).
o If “Minimum, proportional to the screen” is selected.
 A green line in the upper part of most movies. And also a green line at the bottom but it’s less annoying.
 Mkv files: After 10 seconds the image and sound freezes every 2 seconds. It’s worst when it has subtitles.

Toshiba RV733 :

File compatibility: Video : MPEG2 (PS) NTSC & PAL, MPEG2 (TS). Audio: LPCM / MPEG layer1&2 / MPEG2 Layer 2 / DD AC3.

WMS ver. 1.07rc1 Device Profile used: standard DLNA 1.5 customized.

What’s the best profile for this TV? What are the minimum specifications for the PC ? Is there any “advanced manual” for WMS ? There are a lot of options ( That is good ) and I got lost trying!