WDTV Live not working

que180

WDTV Live not working

Post by que180 »

Hello everyone I am newbie at this so please be gentle. I have followed all the steps and still not able to get it play my movies. I can see all of them but when I select one for viewing the only thing it does is show the spinning circle. Like if its buffering or something but I have changed the setting for buffering. I have set the software for WDTVLive settings. All my movies are in .avi format.

Thank, Q
Dion

Re: WDTV Live not working

Post by Dion »

It sounds like its trying to transcode the movie. Do these movies have subtitles by any chance?
que180

Post by que180 »

No subtitles all the movies are english speaking films.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Playing through USB ?
que180

Post by que180 »

yes the device works with items plugged in the usb. but i am trying to stream from over my network from my home server.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

que180 wrote:yes the device works with items plugged in the usb. but i am trying to stream from over my network from my home server.
Check that the file is played via USB, then check that same file is played through the server.
2Old4DigitalLife

Post by 2Old4DigitalLife »

que180 wrote:yes the device works with items plugged in the usb. but i am trying to stream from over my network from my home server.
Q, check your network cabling.
I had some trouble streaming the Internet to my TV. I had all CAT5 cabling.
Changed everything to CAT6, and now basically everything from the Internet streams flawlessly.
If you are using wireless, check that you have N router. G only routers do not do so good.

Mike