DirecTV DVR Support

rosenhauer

DirecTV DVR Support

Post by rosenhauer »

Does anyone have a config that works with the DirecTV DVR's like the HR20/21/22/23
rlstylez

Re: DirecTV DVR Support

Post by rlstylez »

I have DirectTV H23 I got wild media server version 0.72 3.04 2010 (0.73rc2)to stream to my Samsung TV 46LNA850. I've been tinkering around with the settings but its been successful to transcode and stream most media (avi's and mpegs). I'm having a bit of trouble with VOB files and some of the other media files. The files jitter or stall every 4 secs or stops playing. My other issue is transcoding with the subtitles appear in the media files. Anyway until I figure out what is going on this is what I did. I know The directtv H23 programming is linux based.

I first activated the DirectTV Media share Beta program and install to your network. (Click Menu on direct tv controller and Parental controls and settings...etc.)

For the Wild media Server settings
Device - Media Device type Samsung tv (dnla 16:19, 1920x1080) Enable DNLA 1.0.

Transcoder
File format check Mpegts
video codec mpeg2 Frame rate 29.970 and check limit min and max video bitrate.

These settings also work for SAMSUNG 850 Series DNLA wiselink pro as well. I gave up on the samsung pc share server program..

Hope this helps
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

I think I have the video stuff working. I used the Default Device and turned on "Authorization service" and change the types to mpg,wav,jpg. But I'm having issues with photos. I get the tiny thumbnails instead of the whole image.

Maybe I'll try changing to the Samsung Profile and see it it works better.

I've got a quad core 3.3ghz so transcoding has been perfect. Not a single stutter. But I did have to turn on the transcoding buffer as on long shows/movies it would quickly overrun the 4gb limit.
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

Since the DTV boxes have a bitrate limit I ended up creating a new transcoding profile.

I duplicated the Movies (primary)_1280x720 (named it Movies (primary)_1280x720_9K) and changed it to the following script.

Code: Select all

IfThen(mpInternetItem, 
   WmsTranscodingProfileParams('Internet-television'),
   IfThen(mpSubItemsCount > 0,
      WmsTranscodingDvdParams(1280, 720, 9300000, 480000),    
      WmsTranscodingInputParams + WmsTranscodingVideoParams(1280, 720, 9300000, 480000) + 
      WmsTranscodingMapParams(mpAudioStreamNo)))
I Also changed the MIME-type to "video/mpeg"

From trial and error I believe the max bitrate is 9.8mb/s so the above 9.3 video and .48 audio seels to work. So far not a single bitrate to high error.

I use this to transcode 25mb/s MP4 video that comes from my camera.
pdawg17

Post by pdawg17 »

rosenhauer wrote:Since the DTV boxes have a bitrate limit I ended up creating a new transcoding profile.

I duplicated the Movies (primary)_1280x720 (named it Movies (primary)_1280x720_9K) and changed it to the following script.

Code: Select all

IfThen(mpInternetItem, 
      WmsTranscodingDvdParams(1280, 720, 9300000, 480000),    
      WmsTranscodingInputParams + WmsTranscodingVideoParams(1280, 720, 9300000, 480000) + 
I Also changed the MIME-type to "video/mpeg"

From trial and error I believe the max bitrate is 9.8mb/s so the above 9.3 video and .48 audio seels to work. So far not a single bitrate to high error.

I use this to transcode 25mb/s MP4 video that comes from my camera.
Are you adding this in the wmstrans.cfg file? How did you create a new profile? Just copy/paste the "movies (primary)" part of the file and then edit the profilename?
rosenhauer

Post by rosenhauer »

Under Settings->Transcoder->Profiles (button in lower left) then select the base profile and copy it (button on right) then edit it.
counthigh

Post by counthigh »

Changing the device profile as said above works the best...
Ive posted a couple times claiming I'd found the right combo
to get my HR23 working and my conclusions ended proving wrong....

I'm using the sony profile 1280x720 and changed the utf8 to transit...
using mpegdvd transfer and I edited as is stated above the device profile: Just highlight the movies primary and click copy..You will then have a movies primary 1 click edit on that and delete the script and replace it with the one below

for my mkv files to play without the bitrate to high error I changed the 930000 to 7900000
make sure you changed both numbers as I was missing the bottom one....
IfThen(mpInternetItem,
WmsTranscodingDvdParams(1280, 720, 7900000, 480000),
WmsTranscodingInputParams + WmsTranscodingVideoParams(1280, 720, 7900000, 480000) +
HobbyCop

Post by HobbyCop »

I am very new to WMS and have done my best to follow the instructions above on how to interact with a DirecTV DVR. However, I can see the video but I am unable to hear any audio with the stream.
When opening some files the DVR reports taht it is unable to play the audio and asks if I want to play just the video.
Ideas?